Based in Ada, Michigan, Amway is one of the world's leading direct sales companies. We operate in more than 50 countries around the world offering a variety of products: health, beauty and home care. Amway Business Services Center was established in March 2010 to provide state of the art service to corporate operations across Europe, India and Africa. From graduates to highly qualified experts we hire the best professionals in the fields of Finance, Customer Service, Marketing, IT and HR. Here, you have the opportunity to add value and be valued – to achieve your professional goals and work with truly exceptional people. We believe in your potential and we value your talents.
Currently we are looking for a person for the position of:
Chief Accountant | Cracow
Chief Accountant | Cracow
We believe in your potential. Here you can work with truly exceptional people, gain experience within an international environment, develop your skills, try new things, and contribute to various projects outside of your regular responsibilities. You can participate in many integration events or gain knowledge via our Internal Training Program, Language Training, Amway University and get certified.
In 2019 we were awarded as Best Work Place in Poland by Great Place to Work®.
Purpose of Role:
Chief Accountant is responsible for oversight and quality control over the preparation of statutory financial statements for a group Amway legal entities. A person in this role will be managing end to end statutory reporting process and will cooperate with external service providers to ensure compliance with local regulations and timely submissions of annual accounts.
He / She will collaborate with Global Reporting and Internal Audit functions in the implementation and maintaining of controllership initiatives including internal controls policies and procedures.
Chief Accountant will be part of Krakow GBS structure actively participating in transitions of finance operations to GBS as well as contributing to the implementation of standardization projects for financial and accounting processes.
What you’ll do:
- Manage end to end statutory reporting processes for a group of Amway legal entities
- Business partnering and cooperation with the global external service provider for statutory compliance services, acting as the first point of contact for the external service provider
- Control and coordination of the preparation of statutory accounts, providing accounting guidance to operational teams (AP, AR, RTR)
- Oversight/quality control of the US GAAP to Local GAAP reconciliations
- Manage statutory reporting timetable to ensure all queries are addressed and resolved on time
- Lead from a client-side the statutory audit processes for a group of entities, act as the first point of contact to auditors, support GBS operational teams in answering audit inquiries
- Perform quarterly B/S reviews for US GAAP reporting compliance and periodic review of the quality of B/S accounts reconciliations
- Provide guidance to GBS staff regarding compliance issues, internal policies, and procedures
- Participate in finance and accounting processes transitions to Krakow GBS
- Liaise with the GBS operational teams on the implementation of standardization solutions and continuous improvements for financial and accounting processes.
- Close cooperation with other teams inside Finance function (GBS Operations, Tax, Treasury, Process Excellence) to ensure smooth processes execution and effective financial support for business functions
What you’ll need:
- At least 6 years of experience in accountancy/finance
- Fluent English
- University degree required in Finance or Accounting
- The preferred candidate should have accounting qualification completed or in progress (e.g. Polish Chief Accountant – KIBR, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Good understanding of US GAAP or IFRS
- Experience in the end-to-end accounting process
- Hands-on experience in financial reporting, including tax and statutory reporting
- Experience with ERP accounting systems – EBS Oracle is preferable
- Sound practical knowledge of MS office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team in a matrix organization
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders and communicate with the business
- Drive to solve problems, identify options and propose a reasoned solution
- Self-reliant, proactive and highly motivated
- Able to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Process excellence mindset
What can you expect from us?
- Online recruitment process
- Home Office & Flexible Working Hours
- Private medical care in LuxMed Group
- MyBenefit Cafeteria Platform (with Multisport card available)
- Group Life Insurance after probation period
- Employee discount for high-quality Amway products
- Annual Bonus depending on the yearly company and individual performance
- Various portfolio of internal&external trainings: professional certifications, access to e-learning platform.
- Language courses co-financed by us
- Possibility of growth inside of organization
- International team environment
- Relocation package for candidates outside Poland
- Numerous company events and office initiatives
- Family atmosphere with no formal dress-code
- Attractive office location in the heart of Krakow (High 5ive, Pawia street)
How to apply
If you are interested in this job, please send your application via "Apply" button.
The following statement should be enclosed to your application:
"I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Amway Business Centre-Europe Sp. z o.o. located in Zabierzów (adres: Krakowska 280 str., 32-080 Zabierzów) for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments)."