BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The Enterprise Data Platform is dedicated to generating actionable insights to improve processes and business performance. At its core, the Enterprise Data Platform is a highly scalable and reliable data sink. It ingests, stores and provides access to massive quantities of data that is used for a wide spectrum of use cases from monitoring Straight Through Processing to measuring employee productivity through Workforce Analytics and everything in between.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated Full Stack developer to design and develop key components of the platform. She or he will also mentor other members of the team. A successful candidate has experience in all phases of the development cycle on large-scale services and thrive on being a strong collaborator and is capable of leading deep technical discussions and is also able to influence decisions both within the immediate team, as well as across other Lines of Business and company departments.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Customer Focused - understand how engineering decisions result in added customer value
• Results Driven - able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and solve it right.
• Data Driven - Leverages data to understand customer experience and inform future investments
• Technical Excellence - brings technical excellence. This is not merely knowing the latest and greatest language developments, but demonstrating a passion for technology, a curiosity to ‘go deep’, and an ability to quickly learn and build upon past experiences, to be able to extrapolate from those experiences, and deliver innovations. Technical excellence is rooted in having a strong demonstrable aptitude for problem solving.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline
- 8+ years of experience in software development required
- Experience in Java Technology Stack
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Automated testing frameworks
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with data structures and algorithms
- Apache Maven
- Hadoop ecosystem
- CDH is big plus
- Spring, Spring Boot
- Authentication and Authorization mechanism and systems - Previous experience working in fin-tech is plus
- Apache Storm, Apache Spark, Apache Flink
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)