BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
AST Information Delivery provides technology services across multiple lines of business supporting the Asset Servicing function. The team is focused on providing best in class solutions utilising cutting edge technology and processes. Through the creation of new products and services the team is tasked with creating industry leading, value-add capabilities for our internal operations teams, our key client base, and potential new clients. By focusing on innovation, the power of data and thought leadership the team will drive BNY Mellon forward, help shape the company, and differentiate us from our peers.
BNYM are looking for a passionate individual to join their growing AST Information Delivery department as a Business Analyst. The AST Information Delivery team is spread globally, and you will work closely with Project Managers, Analysts, Developers and Architects based in London, as well as a small development team based in India (Pune and Chennai).
The team is working towards becoming a fully agile software development team, focusing on delivering often, embracing early feedback from our customers, and improving working practice leveraging best in class standards and software toolsets.
This is a very unique moment to join the team as the whole AST group is going through the major changes both from the location strategy perspective (e.g. growing in Wroclaw / Manchester) but also in terms of shifting the focus towards significantly modernizing the technology stack to leverage some of the benefits provided by company-wide strategic initiatives (Nexen, Greenfield).
The successful candidate will be part of a multi skill development team responsible for all phases of the systems integration lifecycle, delivering solutions that add direct value to our large and diverse client base. The team works on a range of applications, delivering changes of various scale and complexity, both on vendor and in house developed software, with legacy as well as new technology components implemented from scratch. Therefore we need a Business Analyst to:
• Liaise with the Business Partners and Developers to deeply understand the existing system functionalities;
• Analyse, define and challenge the business requirements to come up with the solutions that are fit for purpose, satisfactory for the end-users yet relatively easy to implement by the Development Team;
• Translate the requirements into precise and comprehensive functional specifications and use-case scenarios;
• Liaise with Project Manager and Dev Managers to define and prioritize scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for development sprints;
• Gather and analyse information and developers’ recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas;
Apply experiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify as well as implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed up time-to-market.
• Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent relevant experience.
• At least 4 years of experience as a Business Analyst, preferably in a banking or similar environment
• Experience with building solutions based on business and technology requirements
• Understanding of service orientated multi-tiered application architecture utilizing web service standards and protocols (REST, JSON)
• Comfortable with a range of project and software development methodologies – experience with agile scrum preferable
• Ability to problem solve in a high paced development environment.
• Familiar with data models
• Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)