BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
We are part of the global team called Engineering as a Service and we are responsible for providing technology solutions to clients from multiple business lines in the bank. We do so by trying to follow the best industry standards in terms of our Software Development Lifecycle practices and technology we utilize to achieve our goals:
- We believe in Agile principles focusing on delivering often and embracing regular feedback from our customers at all stages of the process.
- We preach and practice test-driven development and we have started the journey towards Continuous Integration and Deployment to become our standards practices (and we would be happy to use your skills to help us with this task)
- We are not perfect, but we constantly learn from each other by making peer code reviews, retrospectives our standards practices
- We deploy our solutions as Docker images to the company's internal cloud (Nexen)
We are on the front-line of the bank's technological revolution aiming to significantly reshape the technology landscape underpinning our products and services. We spend majority of our time on designing, developing and engineering our products from the ground up to simplify, automate and unify business processes for our end users.
If you have always strived for making huge impact, then this is a unique moment and great opportunity for you to join our team.
• Defining and reviewing development processes together with Dev Managers while adhering to the company standards (e.g. Docker-based AppEngine architecture)
• Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
• Investigate and resolve deployment issues
• Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
• Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement
• Helping team enforce software quality standards
• Working together with Enterprise Experts and DevOps Champions to promote usage of latest standards
• Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
• Working of proof of concept for emergency technologies that may be beneficial for company
• Environments Management: unifying the processes around environments provisioning, orchestration and patching across the whole team
• Release management and code promotion from development to production environments on our internal cloud (Nexen, Greenfield)
Essential Technical skills
• Practical understanding of Gitlab CI/CD, Docker and basic knowledge of cloud architectures and components
• Strong problem-solving skills
• General DevOps practices
• Practical knowledge of Unix shell scripting or Python
Desirable Technical skills
• PL/SQL, T-SQL
• Passion to learn
Full time contract of employment
City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
Diverse and inclusive environment
Employee Referral Program
A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)