BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Overview of the team
Compliance Testing assesses the effectiveness of controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with laws, regulations and policies affecting BNY Mellon businesses throughout the world. Our Function provides oversight and testing of BNY Mellon Businesses' products and services to ensure they adhere to the applicable laws and regulations that impact them and ensure that the control design, framework, and effectiveness of controls are effective.
We are currently looking for a talented individual who will join our US Compliance Testing team reporting functionally to the Head of Americas Compliance Testing, supported by US on-shore Team Leaders/Review Managers and locally to Poland Manager responsible for supporting the Compliance Testing Poland team. The candidate should be an experienced and proactive financial services professional who can work independently with minimal supervision. You will perform internal Testing Reviews assessing effectiveness and design of internal controls, processes and activities undertaken by the Line of Business in accordance with Testing Methodology and guidance from the Review Leader.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
- Execute Compliance Testing Reviews of Businesses located in the Americas region in accordance with internal standards
- Identifying control gaps, weaknesses, deficiencies or non-compliance with laws, regulations, or corporate policies, promoting a strong compliance culture within the business.
- Ensure Compliance Testing reviews are properly documented within the Compliance Testing standards to support the results of the assessments made in supporting test work papers and Compliance Testing Report.
- Ensure timely updates to the Team Leader/Review Manager reflecting current Compliance Testing Review status, observations, and potential findings.
- Investigate compliance issues and regulatory matters arising, and/or ad hoc thematic reviews, in compliance within Compliance Testing standards, procedures and protocols.
- Validate Action Plans for Issues identified during Compliance Testing reviews to ensure time remediation.
- University degree, preferably in Law, Finance, Accounting or similar
- 5-7 years of professional experience for a financial services institution in the Internal Audit function, Compliance, Compliance Testing/Assurance functions.
- Experience in testing the design and effectiveness of controls around processes, evaluating policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations impacting financial services sector. It would be an advantage to have a good understanding of the US regulatory framework (FRB, OCC, SEC, FINRA)
- Awareness of good compliance risks management and governance frameworks.
- Fluency in English with ability to describe complex issues in a clear and concise manner
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)