BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The team’s service offering includes daily reconciliation of trades and cash positions, trade bookings, cash reporting. They assist in the completion of net asset values (NAVs) for client funds in accordance with BNY Mellon standard operating procedures. Additionally, they prepare cash and asset reconciliations and perform price tolerance checks.
As a Lead Representative, you will be responsible for the team's timely and accurate completion of all client funds’ net asset values (NAVs), supervising the quality of their work whilst ensuring all BNY Mellon standard procedures and controls are complied with.
- Ensure the NAVs/distribution rates of all funds are calculated correctly in accordance with BNY Mellon standard or client specific procedures and timetables.
- Oversee the preparation and calculation of NAVs across all funds with zero error tolerance as well as review and sign-off on all NAVs and calculated dividend rates.
- Ascertain the NAVs and dividend rates are properly communicated to the relevant parties according to the client specific agreed timetable and ensure that the information is received.
- Timely payment of fund expenses.
- Control accuracy of new master file set up on the accounting system; regular updates of management information system (MIS) regarding allocated funds
- Supervise Fund Administrators and schedule their work to provide accurate and timely processing of trade, corporate action and cash settlement information on the accounting system. Make sure that standard controls are sufficient, understood by staff and rigorously adhered to.
- Ensure Fund Administrators maintain daily/monthly files in a manner suitable for future review by the fund and internal auditors.
- Communicate new procedures on a fund to all relevant staff and any significant operational issues that arise to Manager.
- See to it that your team are fully trained on the accounting systems as well as our standard and client-specific procedures and controls and that they alert line management of specific training needs.
- Act as the key representative for all client contacts on operational and servicing issues. Maintain a friendly but professional relationship with them. Make sure that their concerns, requests as well as client specific monthly and ad-hoc reports are addressed within agreed timelines.
- Set aggressive but realistic timetables for addressing client requests and where they are not met, ascertaining the client is contacted well in advance and a new timetable agreed.
- Provide the above service to other clients within the group on an exceptional basis when their dedicated relationship Assistant Manager or Manager is unavailable.
- Sound knowledge about financial instruments, financial markets, fund & securities industry
- Senior specialist level experience: i.e. experience in checking other people's work and being able to give feedback
- Experience in fund accounting or wider fund industry and/or securities industry would be a strong asset
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)