BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Senior Tax Analyst in Private Equity and Real Estate Team is the dedicated contact for clients on various tax procedures and provides pro-active assistance to clients.
• The Value Added Tax (VAT) preparation for all the foreign countries other than Germany in which the clients hold direct assets.
• Review of the VAT computations prepared by the local tax advisors based on the data received from BNYM and local Property Managers.
• Monthly VAT preparation for German reporting purposes.
• Preparation of the payment advices for all the tax related payments.
• Managing the tax calendar on a daily basis in order to meet the tax deadlines.
• Collecting the tax values from the local tax advisors for the tax planning and CGT calculations’ purposes.
• Handling ad-hoc clients’ requests regarding VAT, CIT and CGT related topics.
• Close cooperation with the local tax advisors.
• Identifying areas of concern and opportunities for improvement.
• No direct reports but may provide guidance to less experienced team members.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Min. 3-5 years of total work experience in the field of accounting, tax reporting or fund accounting preferred.
• Pro-client attitude (previous client-facing experience would be an asset).
• Fluent English (German would be an asset).
• Advanced MS Office knowledge (VBA would be an asset).
• Solid communication skills and decision-making capabilities.
• Accountability, flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances.
• The ability to work under pressure and prioritize the tasks well and to handle many tasks at once with appropriate level of detail-orientation.
• Ability to understand the dynamic and complex local market regulations, procedures and practices and to apply them to specific circumstances.
• Ability to effectively interact with other BNY Mellon departments (Fund Accounting and Fund Operations) as well as the local tax advisors on a daily basis.
• Ability to manage internal and external clients’ expectations.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)