For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
The OTC Derivatives Support team are responsible for the full accounting lifecycle management of OTC derivative instruments. With dedicated OTC derivatives specialists in three global locations Wroclaw, Cork and Wilmington. The team in Wroclaw services multiple clients in APAC, EMEA and the US.
Our service consists of OTC Trade Capture, Lifecycle management, Reconciliation and exception research and resolution.
APAC Team between 6am -4pm
EMEA Team between 8am -5pm
US Team between 8am -5pm
As our team supports processes for clients across the globe, our working hours may vary and we appreciate your flexibility.
The Derivative Support Representative is responsible for ensuring that all OTC Derivative Contracts are accurately reflected on the accounting system. He / She must book trades, monitor the lifecycle of the derivatives; ensuring all cash settlements are reconciled to Custody and positions are reconciled to the Counterparty and any breaks are investigated and cleared in a timely manner.
This person is responsible for completing all the work as in accordance with all BNY Mellon standard procedures and controls.
• Fully understand all of the products accounted for by the derivatives support team, be able to explain the product definition and criteria for accounting.
• Ensure all OTC derivatives have been identified and accounted for & reconciled correctly on the funds at each valuation point, Track and manage the lifecycle of complex derivatives products
• Investigate and clear outstanding cash and asset breaks on a daily basis, escalate any concerns to management in a timely fashion.
• Develop a deeper understanding of all the technical functions and processes within the team.
• Ensure BNY Mellon and client standard procedures and controls are being adhered to on a daily basis.
• Communicate any significant operational issues that arise to the Supervisor/Assistant Manager in a timely fashion.
• Complete team allocation and monitor his/her tasks’ deadlines during the day
The successful candidate will demonstrate/possess:
• Degree in Finance or Economy or other appropriate discipline
• Fluent English spoken and written (min. B2 level)
• Good problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills and experience within a client facing financial role
• Very Good knowledge of MS Office
• Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals:
• Full time contract of employment
• Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
• Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
• Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
• Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
• Employee Referral Program
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)