For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
Non Standard Reconciliations team function is to ensure non-standard asset class reconciliations have been completed accurately and Non Standard Asset life cycle event accounting has been posted correctly to the funds in accordance with deadlines and frequencies agreed with Recipient’s Valuations production team. The scope of instruments serviced by the team includes, but is not limited to Futures, Options, FX Forwards, Collateral, Bank Loans, Fund of Funds and Reclaims
Working hours: 9:00 – 17:30 CET,
The job holder is responsible for timely and accurate reconciliation of the asset & exchange traded derivative positions for client’s collective investment portfolios.
The role offers a variety of duties and responsibilities including exposure to and reconciliation of complex market instruments and their associated trading, corporate action, dividend, interest, expense, derivative payment activities amongst others.
Investigating and resolving queries through the use of internal & external systems with liaison with both internal & external parties.
Key areas of responsibility are:
• Produce asset & exchange traded derivative reconciliations for collective investment vehicles ensuring timely and accurate delivery to agreed timetables and SLA standards and ensuring compliance with appropriate Reconciliation standards.
• Core work includes reconciling accounting and custody positional & transactional movements using internal systems, collation of supporting documentation.
• Liaison with appropriate external and internal parties to resolve reconciliation discrepancies.
• Be aware of the risks of team operations and deliverables and ensure required controls maintained and procedures complied with
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
- Investment fund administration
- Reconciliation process
- Financial instruments, including derivatives
- Business process automation
The successful candidate will demonstrate/possess:
- Problem Solving skills
- Computer Literate and Good level of Excel Skills and ability to adapt to new systems
- Strong numeracy understanding
- Attention to Detail
- Adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Good Communication skills – both written & verbal
• Full time contract of employment
• Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
• Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
• Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
• Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
• Employee Referral Program
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)