BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The Senior Client Contact Officer is the contact for clients on all different tax procedures and provides assistance to various clients contracted with BNY Mellon.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the tax services and requirements in the markets the clients hold assets and build a good knowledge of the underlying operational processes that deliver these services.
- Demonstrate an effective understanding of the client structure and investments and consider the client impact of market changes, challenge and clarify any areas of ambiguity or expected concern internally before communicating these.
- Maintain oversight and awareness of all tax related service and satisfaction indicators; identify areas of concern and opportunities for improvement, agree action plan and timeframes with the client and you team leader and deliver on this plan.
- Handles all tax related queries from clients and provides high quality replies to queries by anticipating client's further questions and by performing in-depth investigations; such queries can come either directly from the client or from client representatives in different locations. These queries can either be over the phone, by email or using different BNY Mellon systems.
- Assist clients in the documentation management, by pre-filling required documentation – if applicable/authorised – and monitoring the processing of these documents
- Analyse reclaim reports and pro-actively advises clients of outstanding issues and status.
- Actively participate to and/or pro-actively organize conference calls with clients on specific issues when necessary.
- Monitor query turnaround time and provide reporting on these to management. Seek necessary information to respond to the query, assess risk and prioritize accordingly.
- Ensure all relevant procedures are up to date, suggest and make changes where appropriate.
- University degree in a business discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3 years of total work experience preferred; tax reporting and analysis experience preferred.
- Pro-client attitude is a must (previous client-facing experience would be an asset)
- Fluent English
- MS Office knowledge is a must (preferable MS Excel advanced user)
- Solid communication skills and decision-making capabilities.
- Accountability, flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Candidate must have the ability to work under pressure and prioritize the tasks well, often handle many tasks at once with appropriate level of detail-orientation.
- Ability to understand dynamic and complex local market regulations, procedures and practices and apply them to specific client and investment manager circumstances.
- Ability to effectively interact with other BNY Mellon departments (including Global Operations, Securities Lending and Corporate Actions).
- Ability to manage internal and external client expectations.
- Ability to escalate in an effective and timely fashion.
- Withholding tax knowledge is not required.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)