For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
Asset Servicing Transfer Agency Technology is in charge of providing technology solutions to Transfer agency line of business and Clients having contracted such services from BNYM. Our EMEA group is operating from different locations in Europe and in India, and is included in the Global Transfer Agency technology group
Our company is dedicated to adopt the best industry standards in terms of our Software Development Lifecycle practices and technology we use to achieve our goals:
- Agile: Focusing on delivering often and embracing regular feedback from our customers at all stages of the process
- DevOps: If we are at the beginning of the journey towards Continuous Integration and Deployment, DevOps will become in 2021 and beyond our standard
- Pragmatic: Working closely with our Business line representatives to derive solutions which directly improve their efficiency or solve problems
- As a sound principle, enhancing our skills and processes is our core focus. Learning from each other by performing peer code reviews and retrospectives.
We are embracing the Corporate transformation directions of the Company aiming to significantly reshape the technology landscape underpinning our products and services. We spend majority of our time on designing, developing and engineering our products from the ground up to simplify, automate and unify business processes for our end users.
As our team supports processes for clients across the globe, our working hours may vary and require some flexibility.
As a full stack developer, and depending on the pipeline of work, you will be either part of project teams designing software solutions or part of the development team in charge of the day to day enrichment of the existing solutions. You will demonstrate previous successful experiences in the financial industry that could benefit our organisation and will be helping us shaping the future organisation of our group.
You will be a person who is keen on relentlessly improving our deployment frequency and reducing our time-to-market by constantly amending and automating our development processes.
You will have a previous experience of participating to projects integrating micro-services or deploying REST APIs or an equivalent proven knowledge.
The successful candidate will demonstrate/possess:
• Degree as a Software Engineer or equivalent
• Knowledge of Java/.Net/ Object Oriented Language – Coding experience is required
• A good knowledge of SQL Database language
• Experience with definition and review of development processes
• Understanding of standards of Software Development Lifecycle
• Ability to navigate through various domains
• Successful track of record of medium to large scale projects
• Fluent English spoken and written (min. B2 level)
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals:
• Full time contract of employment
• Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
• Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
• Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
• Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
• Employee Referral Program
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)