BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
We perform 2nd line oversight of data risk management capabilities across the firm and contribute to BNYM’s holistic risk management framework. Our oversight through continuous and targeted review and challenge is intended to drive behaviors, practices, and goals that support a strong risk culture, accountability at all levels and progress our data framework’s maturity.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Enterprise Data Risk Specialist to join our team in Wroclaw. As “Specialist, Data Risk” you are responsible for the ongoing and targeted reviews, assessments, gap analyses, and remediation recommendations concerning data risk management policy implementation.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Contributing to firm-wide awareness and accountability of data as an asset and data risk management as a factor in overall firm performance and resiliency
• Assuring data risk in BAU 1st line processes is documented and assessed
• Assuring data incidents and control gaps are effectively identified, escalated, and actioned
• Supporting firm-wide efforts in data policy adoption
• Identifying opportunities for enhancement of data controls and policy enhancements
• Provide SME guidance for 1st line and project managers concerning data control best practices
• Forge relationships across 1st Line risk owners, business risk officers, and business line technology officers
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economy or Management or other appropriate discipline
• Fluent English spoken and written (min. B2 level) with excellent communication skills
• Structured and organized strong interpersonal skills, and solid ability to structure and execute plans.
• Good problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
• 5-7 years work experience, with at least 3+ years in banking and working knowledge of business and financial terms and processes.
• Excellent business analytical skills and familiarity with internal/external audit and remediation processes.
• Working knowledge of technical infrastructure designed for data management and data security
• Proven ability to work independently and self-directed
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)