Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Team Description: (Overview of the team)
SDM (Securities Data Management) is a centralised global utility that supports the NAV production process for mutual and hedge fund accounting teams in Europe, India and across several US locations.
SDM encompasses five primary functions: 2 pricing teams including pricing on exchange traded assets & fixed income securities and Fund of Fund pricing. We also have a corporate action’s processing team and a security master maintenance team.
We are a centre of excellence in the Global Securities Operations space and provide opportunities to gain considerable training and development across a range of functions, while benefitting from exposure to the wider NAV production process.
Job Purpose: (What each position entails)
Common to all roles:
- As a professional with a global reach, you will be expected to drive your own development and that of those around you by maintaining high standards of performance as you carry out your role.
- Successful candidate will act as oversight for global departments: ensure an excellent service standard, maintain a flow of communication, build relationships and continuously manage workflow between onshore and offshore locations.
- Display initiative by suggesting improvements to processes and taking ownership of service provided to clients. Use your qualifications and experience to add value to a global centre of excellence.
- You will require an ability to work within a tight, deadline driven environment. This will involve maintaining an attention to detail and ability to make decisions without missing agreed deadlines.
- Work as part of a project team managing the take-on of new clients. This will involve working with both the client and various internal departments – Trade Capture, Fund Accounting, Reconciliations etc.
- A range of other project/process development/internal & external training initiatives.
- Monitor daily processes ensuring staff complete as per agreed guidelines and procedures. Ensure outstanding issues are followed up on a regular basis and kept to a minimum.
- Coordinate the completion of work within the team and ensure the team meets internal and external deliverables.
Fund of Fund Pricing and Fund Income:
- Complete and review pricing and fund income events of Fund of Fund assets, manual price or distribution rate input and exception validation review for a variety of clients.
- Understand the theoretical/technical nature of all Fund of Fund vehicles managed by the team, and compile, monitor and update all Fund of Fund income data for clients on the Fund Accounting system.
What we are looking for:
- Operational experience working in a team environment, with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Strong clerical and keyboard skills with particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel. Knowledge of Visual Basic would be beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, initiative and time management skills.
- History of staff development, leading and motivating team members within a pressurised environment.
- Ideal candidate would have between 2-3 years’ working in finance industry and experience of leading / managing a team would be advantageous
- History of driving and encouraging process improvements and efficiencies.
- Keeps current on key regulatory, economic, social, and political trends throughout the world and their potential impact on the business.
- Professional approach to work and personal appearance.
What you will experience with us:
- Sound technical knowledge of equity, fixed income, derivative and fund of fund products, including vendor and broker pricing, corporate events and security master creation and maintenance.
- Project management skills.
- Exposure to major global financial institutions.
- A fast paced environment which offers ability to develop and progress within the company.
- A culture that encourages the development of strong leadership and management skills.