For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
Trust & Depository team in Wroclaw is part of the wider EMEA Asset Servicing Technology group and it is focused primarily on delivering and maintaining IT solutions that simplify and smoothen the depository oversight process. This involves working on a system that help the operation teams in making sure that all the transactions being serviced within EMEA are compliant with rigorous financial markets regulatory requirements.
• The team is involved in the delivery of primarily new strategic solutions (green field development) or major augmentations of existing platforms
• All responsibilities fall within the team to deliver front-to-back solutions
• We promote and utilize a Lean Agile framework to allow for incremental development of new components and systems – and we apply DevOps principles (DoD, code reviews, test-driven development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment)
• We deliver solutions following microservices architectural principles
• The team is focused on client delivery, embracing feedback from our customers at all stages of the process and regular self-review of our operating model
• Collaboration with other teams and continuous learning are critical to our culture
Tech Stack and Tooling:
• Database layer: Oracle (major), SQL Server, Mongo
• Front End: Angular 6, Bootstrap, Angular Material, Selenium
• Back End: Java (1.8), Spring, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud
• Deployment: Private cloud infrastructure (VMs or containers), Docker, Sonar
• Code Repository: GitLab
• Development and Knowledge Base: IntelliJ, JIRA, Confluence
• Methodology: Scrum & Kanban
• Passionate database developer with strong people and problem-solving skills
• Flexible, yet independent team player who is comfortable leaving her/his comfort zones and thinking creatively
• Inquisitive and analytically-minded engineer who can articulate complex technical problems in a concise and clear manner
• 3+ years Core development experience in SQL technologies in a medium to large environment
• Familiar with release management and version control inc. GIT/Maven/NEXUS
• Scripting capabilities, bash/python.
• Ability to communicate technical ideas and express basic concepts in plain English
• Willingness to continuously improve and learn other frameworks, languages, tools, etc.
• A team-player attitude, including a willingness to assist team members with ad hoc work as and when required
• No prior business knowledge is required. Direct communication with stakeholders/business clients is encouraged and used as learning tool
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals:
• Full time contract of employment
• Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
• Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
• Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
• Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
• Employee Referral Program
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)