BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The AML/KYC Center of Excellence (CoE) ensures that BNY Mellon complies with “Know Your Customer" (KYC) Legislation for all applicable local jurisdictions and the Bank’s own Internal KYC Policies. The AML/KYC CoE Team forms part of Enterprise Client Onboarding and Global Tax Operations. One of the most important aspects of KYC is the understanding of the client, their business and the services we are offering to them to ensure they are consistent. The AML/ KYC Team perform due diligence on New Clients (New Business) and existing Clients (Periodic Reviews), in line with applicable regulation and Bank policy.
The Group Mgr, AML/Prevention/KYCAML/Prevention/KYC will be responsible for managing the team of 6 to 10 highly qualify KYC professionals. Will act as end-to-end process owner for preparation/completion of customer AML/KYC profiles of all risk ratings and entity types for New Business and Periodic Reviews, working closely with the business lines to ensure timely completion.
- Will act as a front line Manager for 8-10 professionals.
- Will participate and play a key role in global KYC/AML regulatory projects.
- Will be responsible for day to day monitoring of other team members.
- Responsible for end to end KYC period review process of assigned line of business.
- Performing quality assurance (QA) checks to ensure quality of work is high.
- Keeping all SLA’s green.
- Performing due diligence searches on clients, their owners and managers; as well as special projects as assigned. The ITS KYC Manager is able to work on all client s regardless of AML risk rating and complexity, and do so independently.
- Maintain client s know your customer (KYC) files as assigned.
- Ensure all information on profile is complete and accurate.
- Perform due diligence on the client, its owners/managers with Relationship Managers when necessary to resolve results.
- Updating the KYC database as necessary throughout the due diligence process to ensure records are up to date.
- Advise RMs on the KYC policy.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for all HR matters of his directs including performance review.
- Strong understanding of AML / KYC principals are required.
- KYC/AML experience min 8 - 10 years.
- Previous experience as KYC operations manager is required min 4 years.
- CAMS certification nice to have.
- Proven experience in successful leading global regulatory KYC/AML projects.
- Able to communicate with senior stakeholders, able to speak up when this is required.
- Have extensive research skills to aid in establishing and/or validating required information and documentation.
- Be highly motivated, organized, detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good PC skills are required with proficiency in MS Office applications and Outlook.
- Able to partner with people of various levels and across all divisions.
- Motivated team members with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Professional approach to work and personal appearance.
- Have attention to detail.
- Able to interact in a Team.
- Able to understand and be part of a Global Model.
- English fluency required.
- Additional foreign language is an asset.
- Full time contract of employment.
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program.
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs.
- Pension scheme.
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme.
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility.
- Diverse and inclusive environment.
- Employee Referral Program.
- Recognition programmes.
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).