For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
We launched just over two years ago a global digital team, led by Roman Regelman, who is also CEO of Asset Servicing. The Digital team drives BNY Mellon’s core digitization strategy and is responsible for mapping our digital future, investing in digital capabilities, including analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain and others.
The Digital team focuses on maximizing the impact of our investments in digital capabilities by driving significant improvements in business performance, developing new service offerings / products as well as enhancing client and employee experience. The team is accelerating execution of the bank’s innovation strategy.
As a member of the Advanced Digital Solutions team, the primary focus and responsibilities will be to deliver high value products / solutions and advance the digital agenda across the enterprise – more specifically delivering digital asset servicing capabilities. Main responsibilities will include:
• Serve as Blockchain, DLT solutions expert to build digital asset servicing capabilities in partnership with business teams and technology. This includes designing and delivering pilots.
• Design and build future state architecture to support new and existing Blockchain, DLT use cases.
• Evaluate different Blockchain protocols / platforms to explore solution alternatives. Serve as a trusted technical and architectural advisor to deliver blockchain based solutions.
The successful candidate will demonstrate/possess:
Advanced Degree in Math, Science / Engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
• At least 2 years of hands on experience in designing and developing Blockchain, DLT solutions
• Deep technical understanding of leading blockchain protocols, strengths and gaps
• Strong experience with the Hyperledger Fabric, R3 Corda, and other protocols
• Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Java, C++, Go, NodeJS
• Strong experience designing and developing Distributed Systems, and Microservices
• Solid understanding of Cryptography, Encryption, and Automation
• Previous experience of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Knowledge of traditional storage architecture as well as storage virtualization
• Experience with cloud infrastructure services such as Google, Microsoft or Amazon
• Familiarity with using Git or other version control software for source code management
• Experience working with fin-techs / start-ups in the blockchain / DLT space a plus
• Entrepreneurial and results oriented
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to accomplish goals through others, including employees, peers, and other function/business areas of the company
• 6+ years of related experience preferred
• Experience in the securities, financial services, or asset management industry a plus
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals:
• Full time contract of employment
• Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
• Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
• Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
• Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
• Employee Referral Program
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)