For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
Global Risk Solutions (GRS) provides innovative and integrated solutions as a leading global provider of performance measurement, analytics and attribution services to Multi National, Corporate, Insurance, Investment Manager and Local Authority/Government clients, pension funds and consultants.
The team has responsibility for timely and accurate reporting for a range of BNY Mellon Asset Servicing and outsourcing affiliates. We report on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc basis and our services are accessed via the Internet, desktop or customised hardcopy reports. We also provide regulatory reporting as part of a BNY Mellon services provided to clients in certain markets.
As a Manager you will be responsible for leading and developing a team to deliver Investment Performance Measurement services in accordance with market best practice, client service agreements, and internal policies and procedures. You main responsibilities will include:
• As an integral part of the Operations Management Team (comprising the Group Manager and team managers) define local and department strategy and goals, and cultivate a high-performance culture with strong Employee Engagement.
• Manage the day-to-day client service, quality checks and distribution of reporting and adhere to all legal, risk and compliance requirements.
• Monitor progress using appropriate metrics and act on the results, communicating results and action plans via Management Reporting.
• Collaborate with other departments within the company as appropriate, particularly the Accounting and Relationship Management groups.
• Coach, motivate and mentor your team members. Responsibility for career development and succession planning to maintain team’s growth.
The successful candidate will demonstrate/possess:
• Degree in Finance or Economy or other appropriate discipline
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in Financial / Investment Industry with minimum of 2 years in Leadership / Managerial roles
• Very strong managerial and leadership skills with focus on employee development, client satisfaction, process improvement and risk management.
• Excellent talent management skills including extensive recruitment and selection experience with a focus on diversity & inclusion.
• Fluent English spoken and written (min. B2 level). Excellent written and oral communication/relationship skills with internal stakeholders and external clients.
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the investment industry. Experience of delivering and/or leading Investment Performance Measurement or similar investment analysis functions would be advantageous.
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals:
• Full time contract of employment
• Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
• Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
• Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
• Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
• Employee Referral Program
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)