BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
This area of business focuses on preparing and calculating accurate Net Asset Values (NAVs) across all funds in accordance with BNY Mellon standard operating procedures, preparing cash and asset reconciliation's, providing services to all clients and ensuring that client concerns/requests are addressed as soon as possible and within an agreed timetable.
- Conducts accounting services on behalf of assigned clients and moderately complex funds including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses and preparing reports.
- Performs complex Fund/Client Accounting responsibilities in the areas of driving Service Improvement plans, targeting efficiencies, enhancing processes and specialist review functions.
- Provides input into methodologies and checks the work of more junior team members.
- Provides guidance and reviews work related to cash and asset reconciliations relating to complex accounts or transactions.
- Resolves reconciliation of accounts for more complex or atypical transactions and reviews work of junior team members.
- Drafts reports for clients regarding the performance of complex funds.
- Reviews draft reports completed by more junior staff.
- Regularly interacts with clients in answering questions and resolving issues regarding fund reports and accounting processes.
- Assists in evaluating GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members.
- May have people management responsibilities in some geographies.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred, fund accounting experience is desirable.
- Experience in people management.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Business English
Full time contract of employment
City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
Diverse and inclusive environment
Employee Referral Program
A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)