BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Data Operations (SDM) is a centralised global utility that supports the NAV production process for mutual and hedge fund accounting teams in Europe, India and across several US locations. We also support various data operations within custody area.
We currently have 70 + people in permanent roles in Poland. These figures continue to grow as we take on new business. We also work very closely with our colleagues in the US, Ireland, and India to streamline and align processes.
We are a centre of excellence in the Global Securities Operations space and provide opportunities to gain considerable training and development across a range of functions, while benefitting from exposure to the wider NAV production process and custody operations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Data Management and Quantitative Analyst to join our team in Wroclaw. As Data Management and Quantitative Analyst you will accurately create newly traded financial instruments and maintain existing instruments on the Fund Accounting platform, using the latest security master market vendor information. You will understand the theoretical/technical nature of all listed security types – equities, bonds, derivatives & money market instruments.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Sound technical knowledge of equity, fixed income, derivative and fund of fund products, including vendor and broker pricing, corporate events and security master creation and maintenance.
• Project management skills.
• Exposure to major global financial institutions.
• A fast paced environment which offers ability to develop and progress within the company.
• At least advanced English proficiency, general knowledge around economy, financial markets and accounting
• Strong clerical and keyboard skills with particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel. Knowledge of Visual Basic and SQL would be beneficial but not essential.
• Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, analytical, oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills.
• Motivated team members with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
• Professional approach to work and personal appearance, self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)