BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Global Risk Solutions (GRS) provides innovative and integrated solutions as a leading global provider of performance measurement, analytics and attribution services to Multi National, Corporate, Insurance, Investment Manager and Local Authority/Government clients, pension funds and consultants.
As part of the GRS Operations - Business Change Execution (BCE) – Business Technology Liaison (BTL) team, you will act as the primary interface between technology and a specific functional area by providing business/production support as well as support for small-scale technology fixes and enhancements. Business/production support typically entails issue (i.e. ticket) management, analysis, research, troubleshooting, facilitation and escalation. Support for small projects typically entails defining business requirements, performing analysis, preparing and executing User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
As a Lead Analyst – Business Technology Liaison within the GRS BCE Business Technology Liaison team, your focus will be to provide daily support for the Business Delivery teams while interacting with Technology teams in a liaison capacity to research, troubleshoot, escalate and resolve potential issues. Additionally, you will support small-scale projects of limited complexity (i.e. technology fixes and small projects/enhancements). Project support may include (but is not limited to): reviewing and collaborating with Technology on business/functional requirements; interfacing with all areas of Technology to resolve issues on behalf of the business; participating in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and related planning/preparation.
The role mostly considers supporting North America market and cooperating with US stakeholders as so willingness to work during late shift is essential.
Working hours: 1 – 9 PM CET.
- Interfaces with all areas of Technology and Operations on behalf of Operations to resolve business issues, improve business processes, and implement Technology solutions
- Participates in process improvement reviews and summarizes business issues and client feedback for review by business partners and stakeholders
- Collects and defines business or functional requirements in support of Technology fixes and small enhancements
- Uses knowledge of business needs and provides requirements support to software and application development teams.
- Supports testing of new or enhanced applications and/or systems. Tasks include case development, requirement traceability analysis, test preparation, script writing, and test execution for small-scale Technology fixes and enhancements. Identifies areas for improvement and works with technology teams to improve applications for business use.
- Work closely with Product Managers, External Vendors, GRS Consultants, Investment Accounting and Global Operations within BNYM Asset Servicing and Technology.
- Uses general knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements and BNY Mellon corporate policies involving risk and control to support the development of improved business processes through technology.
- No direct reports, may provide guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience (3-5 years of experience within similar area preferred).
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills (spoken and written English min. B2/C1 level).
- Proven organizational skills; ability to multi-task and handle high volumes within tight deadlines.
- A strong analytical background, with good problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and attention to details.
- Proficiency in use of MS Excel (pivots, functions, etc.) with the ability to quickly learn other applications. At least basic knowledge of SQL.
- Motivated, self-starter mentality with high level of personal accountability,
- Experience using collaboration software (e.g. Jira, Confluence, MS Teams),
- Strong SQL experience, especially in a research, testing or troubleshooting environment.
- Some knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is a plus.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)