BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The position will act as Risk Manager for the BNYM Operations Lines of Business based in Poland. The position is responsible for independent risk management of BNYM Operations Lines of Business.
Whilst the Poland legal entity is unregulated locally it supports critical functions outsourced from regulated entities in other jurisdictions and as such assumes obligation to deliver to those standards set by the regulated entity outsourcing the activity.
The line of business owns the risks and the risk manager ensures that risks are effectively managed and the BNYM policies are implemented. The incumbent will provide oversight and challenge of the business processes against corporate policies as well as risk analysis, policy expertise, and problem solving.
Functional reporting may be required to Senior Risk Managers across the lines of business and from a geographical perspective reporting to the Senior Risk Officer Continental Europe.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
Work with the Risk Management aligned to operations, senior business management, corporate risk and Poland site management to:
• Act as key point contact for all risk related issues for the business and ensuring each is addressed in accordance with corporate policy. Provide challenge and guidance to influence the management of risk.
• Ensure a mechanism exists to report on the risk assessment and monitoring activities undertaken, including escalation of significant issues, to both the line of business and the risk management sector.
• Assist senior management to have a comprehensive view of BNYM Poland risks, including credit, market, strategic, reputation risk, etc. - work closely with operations risk managers and business heads, and advise the senior management on risk strategy and policy.
• Production of risk management documentation for BNYM Poland and audit liaison for risk management items.
• Work closely with compliance to ensure BNYM Poland meets the regulatory requirements relating to risk issues
• Assist with client facing requests as e required
• Ensure the lines of business comply with corporate risk policy and escalate as required.
• Work closely with line of business management to understand the business, identify risk issues, and promote solutions to manage risks.
• Ensure that risk identification and assessment techniques are in place and maintained for both high level and granular assessments.
• Ensure that appropriate risk monitoring is in place, maintained and challenged and that trends are identified appropriate actions are being taken and escalated where appropriate.
• Participate in appropriate business meetings / committees and processes to identify opportunities to improve risk mitigants / controls that will reduce risk.
• Assess emerging risks, including those related to new client take-on, new products or significant process / business changes and propose effective solutions.
• Promote a strong risk awareness culture within the above lines of business.
• Work closely with the business to ensure governance processes are understood and adhered to on an ongoing basis
• Contribute to the effective risk governance of the EMEA region. Play an active role in regional committees and local boards, offering constructive challenge and helping to support the Committee/Board fulfil its role and responsibilities.
• Assist in ensuring that a strong governance culture is embedded within the region, that issues are escalated and cascaded appropriately and that key risks are identified, discussed and mitigated.
• Build a good understanding of the EMEA risk governance framework, including escalation requirements
•Fluent in verbal and written English
•Mature and self-motivated approach to work
• Excellent problem-solving, judgement and analytical abilities
•Outstanding interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
• Ability to multitask and work independently on initiatives
• Ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining a professional, problem solving approach.
•Good understanding of the Operations accounting lines of businesses
•Ideally this will have a clearly identifiable experience of understanding and managing risk and a control environment.
•In depth understanding of the purpose and expectation of a risk management function.
•BS/BA degree and/or strong experience of audit, compliance and/or risk management roles in an established financial services or investment management organization or at a top tier accountancy firm with a specialization in financial industry engagements. Alternatively an operational role which had a risk management functions
Our offer :
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)