BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
This area of business focuses on preparing and calculating accurate Net Asset Values (NAVs) across all funds in accordance with BNY Mellon standard operating procedures, preparing cash and asset reconciliation's, providing services to all clients and ensuring that client concerns/requests are addressed as soon as possible and within an agreed timetable.
Lead Manager is responsible for managing a staff comprised of Lead Analysts/Account Managers, Senior Analysts and Fund Accounting Analysts whose responsibilities include providing premier client service and contributing to the production of client portfolio valuations, statements, and Net Asset Value (NAV) calculations.
- Provides oversight for multiple small teams or one large team of Accountants responsible for conducting accounting services on behalf of assigned clients including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses, and preparing reports.
- Manages the performance of teams and sets area priorities.
- Manages multiple teams in determining the net asset value (NAV) for assigned funds for each measurement cycle.
- Manages relationships with assigned clients and resolves any escalated issues related to fund calculations and accounting.
- Directs and sets priorities for processes that check for the completeness and accuracy of disclosure in financial statements.
- Provides guidance to teams managed to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Resolves escalated issues from team members.
- Evaluates GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
- Provides guidance to teams on implementation of new policies to follow regulations.
- Directs the drafting of financial reports for clients to review fund performance.
- Communicates reports and accounting intricacies to clients.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Leads working relationships with auditors and clients to make changes to financial reports and ensure they accurately depict fund performance.
- Manages multiple small teams or one large team of Accountants.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Min. 7-10 years of total work experience.
- Min. 1 year in management role preferred.
- Understanding of the ancillary products and services provided to the client base, including: pricing, corporate actions and cash management.
- Understanding of the security types making up the portfolios and how they trade, i.e., equities, fixed income securities, mortgage-backed securities, derivatives.
- Understanding of the transaction flows and the impact of mistakes at each step on the other.
Understanding of the forms, documentation and other legal requirements to set up accounts.
Understanding of the risks inherent in specific transactions.
Understanding of the information flows through the various systems.
Full time contract of employment
City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
Diverse and inclusive environment
Employee Referral Program
A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)