BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The AML/KYC Center of Excellence (CoE) ensures that BNY Mellon complies with “Know Your Customer" (KYC) Legislation for all applicable local jurisdictions and the Bank’s own Internal KYC Policies. The AML/KYC CoE Team forms part of Enterprise Client Onboarding and Global Tax Operations. One of the most important aspects of KYC is the understanding of the client, their business and the services we are offering to them to ensure they are consistent. The AML/ KYC Team perform due diligence on New Clients (New Business) and existing Clients (Periodic Reviews), in line with applicable regulation and Bank policy.
The Manager AML/Prevention/KYC will be responsible for managing the team of 6 to 8 KYC professionals. Will act as end to end process owner for preparation/completion of customer AML/KYC profiles of all risk ratings and entity types for New Business and Periodic Reviews, working closely with the business lines to ensure timely completion.
• Will act as a front line Manager for 6-8 professionals.
• Will be responsible for day to day monitoring of other team members.
• Responsible for end to end KYC period review process of assigned line of business.
• Performing quality assurance (QA) checks to ensure quality of work is high.
• Keeping all SLA’s green.
• Performing due diligence searches on clients, their owners and managers; as well as special projects as assigned. The ITS KYC Manager is able to work on all client s regardless of AML risk rating and complexity, and do so independently.
• Maintain client s know your customer (KYC) files as assigned.
• Ensure all information on profile is complete and accurate.
• Perform due diligence on the client, its owners/managers with Relationship Managers when necessary to resolve results.
• Updating the KYC database as necessary throughout the due diligence process to ensure records are up to date.
• Advise RMs on the KYC policy.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Responsible for all HR matters of his directs including performance review.
Tone from the Top - Ensure that a strong risk management and governance culture is embedded within the Business Unit by promoting the ‘Three Lines of Defence’ model (by working collaboratively with the Second and Third Lines of Defence to identify risks, conduct root-cause analysis, implement remediation activities and to communicate lessons-learned findings) and by developing and implementing strong risk practices across the Business Unit (including the use of the RCSA as the key management tool to actively manage risk within the Business Unit).
Risk Competence & Knowledge - Understand the Business Unit’s Risk Appetite and how this relates to the legal entity infrastructure and the legal entities under which the Business Unit operates and the legal entities through which the Business Units’ client(s) contract and the impact that this has on the Business Units’ regulatory operating environment.
Accountability - Ensure that responsibilities related to risk management are clearly defined and understood throughout the Business Unit to ensure that risks are identified, escalated and remediated in an effective and transparent manner.
Other Risk Management Responsibility - Ensure that Business Unit operating procedures and other key directive controls (eg. checklists) are maintained on a regular basis to ensure that they are adequately designed, continue to be an effective risk management tool and are being used as required.
Throughout continued and effective oversight, ensure that appropriate Key Risk Indicator (KRI) measurements and tolerances are in place and are agreed with Senior Operations managers and LoB Risk Management.
Skills and Qualifications
• Deep understanding of AML KYC principals are required.
• Total work experience + 7 years
• KYC/AML experience min 5 years
• People management experience required min 2 years
• Able to communicate with senior stake holders, able to speak up when this is required.
• Have extensive research skills to aid in establishing and/or validating required information and documentation
• Be highly motivated, organized, detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Good PC skills are required with proficiency in MS Office applications and Outlook
• Able to partner with people of various levels and across all divisions
• Motivated team members with the ability to adapt and learn quickly
• Professional approach to work and personal appearance
• Have attention to detail
• Able to interact in a Team
• Able to understand and be part of a Global Model
• English fluency required
• Additional foreign language is an asset
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)