BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Internal Audit is an independent function within The Bank of New York Mellon, chartered to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company's internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency. Internal Audit reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, with the department aligned with the overall structure of the Corporation.
The Internal Audit function has a number of locations internationally across the US, EMEA and APAC regions. Key locations within EMEA include Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Poland and the United Kingdom. Globally, Internal Audit consists of approx. 400 individuals, with approx. 65 auditors based in the EMEA region.
The Internal Audit team in Poland currently consists of 10 team members covering various areas of the organization in Poland and across EMEA.
Working hours are in line with local practices.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Auditor to join our team in Wroclaw. As Senior Auditor you will perform risk-focused audit fieldwork, in accordance with Internal Audit policies, methodologies, and standards in order to identify meaningful issues, risks and other exposures in the area of the company being audited or reviewed. You will also shadow and deputize for Senior Auditor II, in preparation and learning to manage audit projects and conduct more complex audits in the future.
As a successful candidate you will be expected to demonstrate and develop the following skills:
- Auditing operational areas and where required other processes as per Audit plans and methodologies.
- Conducting risk-focused audits that can have a negative impact on business continuity and makes conclusions on the level of residual risk.
- Appropriately analyzes control environments and develops effective audit steps to test controls where necessary in line with audit methodology.
- Takes ownership of sections of the audit program and brings them to completion.
- Engages in Continuous Monitoring activities.
- Learns business strategies, processes, and regulations (both on the job and through relevant training) and is alert to the changing nature of risk.
- Demonstrates newly acquired knowledge and skills through, for example, thoughtful analysis of business processes and issue identification, as well as discussions with the project leader and auditees.
- Capable of creating and maintaining accurate and clear work documents, completing tasks on time and accurately, and quickly learning new businesses, processes, and regulations.
- Build a foundational understanding of core concepts in data analytics, relevant technology, the regulatory environment, the financial services industry, project management and business processes and can integrate these concepts into audit processes.
- Develops relationships with Audit colleagues, Audit management and Auditees.
- Understands the sensitive nature of confidential information and uses it appropriately.
- Elevates potential audit issues to the AIC as soon as they are identified.
- The ability to articulate difficult concepts to others, adapting communication methods/approaches as necessary.
- Applies solid judgement and analytical skills, contributing to the development of innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Identifies inconsistencies with the control environment, regulatory requirements and best practices and initiates the development of a structure or solution to address the issue(s).
- Identifies opportunities for the use of automation and makes recommendations for software support requests.
- Fluent English spoken and written (min. B2 level) and excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant critical thinking specialty such as MIS, DIS, Computer Science, Mathematics preferred.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred.
- Prior experience in Audit, a similar risk related field or strong BNY Mellon experience and knowledge.
- Additional core skill requirements include understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Proven relevant client service and risk management experience within financial services
- Good problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Very Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)