For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
The Fund Accounting Department is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of daily net asset value (NAV) for a number of complex Funds investing in a wide variety of financial instrument types.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented “Senior Representative” to join our team in Wroclaw. As Senior Representative, Fund/Client Accounting is primarily responsible for the timely preparation and calculation of client net asset values (NAVs) in accordance with BNY Mellon standard operating procedures. Responsibility is also held for the delivery of ad hoc client service deliveries.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Sign-off on daily checklists for all net asset values prepared by you.
• Ensure the NAVs are accurately prepared for Supervisor review and reported within deadlines.
• Preparation and calculation of accurate NAVs across all funds.
• Adhere to The Bank of New York Mellon standard procedures and controls.
• Prepare cash and asset reconciliations for review and sign off by Supervisor.
• Perform price tolerance checks.
• Reconciliations to Phoenix records.
• Maintain daily/monthly files as selected by fund Supervisor in a manner suitable for future review by Supervisor and internal auditors.
• University Education: BA or/and MA in finance, economics, accounting, administration, financial markets, management, mathematics etc
• Good English skills
• Computer literacy (MS Excel, Outlook). Knowledge of VBA would be a significant advantage
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Analytical and numeracy skills
• Work experience in the funds or similar industry.
• Full time contract of employment
• Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
• Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
• Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
• Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
• Employee Referral Program
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)