BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
With global reach and a comprehensive suite of scalable administrative, operational and infrastructure capabilities, BNY Mellon Corporate Trust help clients to drive business growth and maximize efficiency through our core services of trustee, paying agency, custodian, collateral administrator and other fiduciary offerings. Backed by the power of BNY Mellon at every phase of the investment lifecycle, our global footprint and deep expertise deliver insight-driven solutions directly to clients. We`re building the team in Wroclaw, so we have number of open roles – join us today!
The Client Service Lead Manager reports to the Group Manager and manages the daily activities of assigned Client Service Representatives, ensuring that activities are conducted in accordance with the Firm and Corporate Trust policies and procedures and preferred practices. He/she constantly ensures that risks are being identified and actively managed. He/she will collaborate with Lead Managers in other locations to identify and resolve issues while serving as a high-level escalation point for complex situations and ensuring that they are brought to a successful resolution.
The Lead Manager will quickly address and resolve problems, possess strong decision-making and organizational skills, and will communicate effectively with Client Service Specialists, internal shared service partners and with internal and external clients. The Lead Manager will also actively assist the Group Manager with developing and driving new strategic plan initiatives.
Essential Functions – Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Hire, coach and provide professional guidance to team members, establish and evaluate performance/development goals/conduct PMP reviews and work to attract and retain talent within the group. Ensure that the team has the appropriate training to perform well and exceed in their role
• Transaction Management: Continuous dialogue and open communication with Client Service Managers and Group Manager on status of work being completed by team
• Employee Development: Oversight of training and development plans for all assigned employees
• Planning: Manage Staff Resourcing based on business requirements ensure adequate cover in place to meeting deliverables providing excellent client service delivery
• Identify and resolve issues while serving as a high-level escalation point for complex situations and ensure that they are brought to a successful resolution
• Partner with Global Group Managers to identify and streamline business operations. Support the efforts to enhance controls by standardizing relevant business processes and consistently managing/monitoring those activities to ensure quality and accuracy. Support key business programs, including business and process improvements which drive greater operational efficiencies and superior client service.
• Serve as an escalation point and communicate effectively with other internal shared services, external investment managers, brokers and clients. This role sets the directions and tones for the client service administration elements of our business and therefore drives overall client relationships and risk management.
• Business Liaison: Build and lead effective relationships with offshore operational support teams to help ensure client service excellence. Track and measure performance of key support teams through analysing and interpreting key MIS/KPI data. Partner with these groups to ensure continuous process improvements are being achieved.
• To proactively monitor and manage the activities performed within our business partners
• To hold regular meetings and escalate any concerns
• To monitor and control SLAs, quality indicators, and give regular feedback to Group Manager
• Minimum 5 years Corporate Trust or related financial markets/securities industry experience.
• Experience in Loans (syndicated, bi-lateral, real estate) very desirable
• Solid understanding of the product(s) administered by the group and thorough understanding of risk management and control practices.
• Excellent leadership skills, ability to lead dynamic team
• Ability to quickly address issues – strong decision making
• Strong Financial Services Technical Skills
• Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
• Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)