BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
A multi-disciplinary team supporting Blockchain, Distributed Ledger and smart contract and supporting technology development and deployment for BNYM Custody business. The team currently operates out of Poland and United States and works multiple business and technology divisions within BNYM globally. Working hours – 10 AM to 6 PM.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Blockchain / Full Stack Developer Lead to join our team in Wroclaw.
As a Blockchain Full Stack Developer Lead you will:
• Build core blockchain and enterprise technologies;
• Optimize blockchain data structures, write crypto algorithms and protocol specifications;
• Design, develop and implement blockchain protocol packages for Ethereum;
• Craft and maintain interfaces for API and Storage teams;
• Use formal methods to test the correctness of Ethereum Protocols.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Working on emerging technology of blockchain and distributed ledger
• Participate on design decision and strong impact on the product
• Work with a global financial institution actively rolling out blockchain-based solutions
• Extend skills to multiple smart contract languages and protocol
• Provides application software development services and or technical support in complex environments.
• Experience in designing and developing Blockchain, DLT solutions is a plus
• Experience analyzing data structures and algorithms and issues related to scale, security and availability for blockchain and Distributed ledger solutions is a plus
• Experience with at least one of the Hyperledger Fabric, Hyperledger Basu, R3 Corda, DAML is a plus
• Strong experience designing and developing Distributed Systems, and Microservices
• Solid understanding of Cryptography, Encryption, and Automation
• Previous experience of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Familiarity with using Git or other version control software for source code management
• Fluent English spoken and written (min. B2 level)
• Good problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
• Entrepreneurial and results oriented
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to accomplish goals through others, including employees, peers, and other function/business areas of the company
• 5+ years of related experience preferred
• Experience in the securities, financial services, or asset management industry is a plus
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)