BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The Tax Transparent Fund (TTF) team has been established to support the growth of BNYM’s TTF operations as well as supporting the ongoing development of the Tax Transparent Fund Engine. This is a complex product with complex Fund Accounting, Tax, Financial Reporting, and regulatory requirements. The Assistant Manager will manage the day-to-day activities of the TTF team and will work closely with the Team Manager to develop the TTF operation and ensure a quality service is delivered by the TTF team. In addition to supporting the ongoing development of the TTFE engine, the Assistant manager is required to support the on-boarding of new TTF business and the ongoing servicing of that business. He/she is responsible for the scheduling of User Acceptance Testing, designing and managing operational flows, and ensuring that the necessary controls are in place to provide a high standard of service to our TTF clients.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Develop deep understanding of TTF requirements including Fund Accounting, Tax reporting, Financial reporting and other complex reporting requirements
• Manage User Acceptance testing of TTFE functionality ensuring high quality testing is completed including stress tests and complex scenario tests
• Ensure enhancements to TTFE engine meet client and operational team requirements
• Ensure UAT procedures are in place and are followed by the UAT team. Ensure appropriate records are maintained to meet audit requirements
• Build strong working relationships with developers, subject matter experts and other key players in the TTFE development project
• Provide senior stakeholders and management with appropriate updates, metrics and data to assist with scheduling, prioritisation and status reporting
• Review work of more junior colleagues and research and resolves errors.
• Support team in a hands-on manner to ensure team deliverables are met. Remain close to detail, and ensure high quality solution is delivered
Provision of TTF services:
• Support the onboarding of new TTF business ensuring appropriate controls and procedures are in place to meet client deliverables
• Ensure the necessary controls are adhered to in order to provide complete, accurate and timely TTF services to our clients. Such responsibility includes ensuring adherence by all team members to BNY Mellon Operations Procedures Manual and to the client service level agreements (SLAs).
• Ensure SLAs are in place with internal service and data providers, ensuring high standards of service are set and maintained.
• Ensure the accounting records of TTF client funds are accurate, complete, and up to date.
• Ensure delivery of Client reporting to agreed standards and timetables.
• Maintain/update client standing files including client-specific procedures (detailing client-agreed deviations from or additions to standard procedures contained in the Procedures Manual) on a timely basis and ensure existing and new procedures agreed with our clients are formally communicated to the necessary staff as soon as required.
• Ensure team and process performance is measured and tracked, with appropriate metrics created to support continuous improvement of people and processes
• Become SME on BNYM’s TTF service and act as owner of ongoing development of product
• At least 5 years’ experience in Financial Services required, preferably in multinational organisation. Experience in Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Tax Accounting would be an advantage.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work on projects in a team environment as well as managing daily client deliverables
• Proven process and team management skills
• Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to consistently meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
• Ability to collate, interpret and present relevant metrics to senior decision makers
• Strong organisational, inter-personal, communication and presentation skills.
• Proven skills in strategic planning and analysis for administration operations.
• Ability to lead subordinates and develop/mentor staff
• Energetic, hands-on and detail orientated
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)