BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is a public- and private-cloud-based software and content offering that builds client-centric data, technology, and content capabilities. Operating with the skill and agility of a fintech, Data and Analytics Solutions combines the expertise and resources of the Eagle product suite, Intermediary Analytics, and other BNY Mellon technology and data assets. Moreover, the division further extends BNY Mellon’s Asset Servicing capabilities in securities and cash into the world’s most important asset class, data. Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms to analyze their data from different vantage points and transform it into actions that can achieve higher alpha and cheaper beta, with lower costs and less risk. Offering an ecosystem of proprietary and third-party business applications, Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms manage their core investment processes and beyond.
We currently have a Software Quality Engineer opening in our Accounting Engineering group within Research and Development. This is a great opportunity for you to work with high-caliber developers and business analysts to be continually challenged by developing new features of our software as well as working on existing features. You will learn and grow as a developer and have the opportunity for advancement in both technical and business areas. You will be able to showcase your extensive Java and OO programming skills within the Financial Services industry. General financial services and/or trading application experience is desirable as well. Software Quality Engineers in Data and Analytics Solutions group can expect to code eighty percent of their time.
• Self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, deadline oriented agile environment
• 4+ years of experience in Java application development
• Adept in Object-Oriented programming with very strong design skills
• Have experience with SaaS scalable web technologies: Spring Boot, JSON RESTful APIs
• Understand the importance of tests in a sophisticated CI/CD environment incorporating the latest DevOps technologies and best practices
• Have experience with in-memory databases and caches like VoltDB, memSQL, Redis, and distributed and big data computing technologies such as Kafka, Spark
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• You keep up with technology trends because they interest you
• Must be a doer - Everyone from the top down is hands-on
• Database SQL and noSQL programming knowledge is preferable
• Experience with C++ programming is a plus but not required
• Experience with Angular is a plus but not required
• Experience in the financial services industry is a plus but not required
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)