For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
The BNY Mellon Trade Operations department delivers world-class service to its clients through state of the art back-end system support, global trade expertise and innovative management of the cost-efficient processing of letters of credit, documentary collections, bank to bank reimbursements and other trade products.
Trade Operations team in Wroclaw is already responsible, among other things, for the accurate processing of letters of credit, the examination of document presented under letters of credit, and timely payments to effect letter of credit settlement. Team will also be supporting documentary collections process, covering receipt of import documents presented under URC522, processing of documents and notification to the importer, acceptance of time tenor drafts, payments to Remitting banks, and dispatch of documents according to importer’s instructions. Additionally team is also responsible for resolving any client related issues and managing queries.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
- The Trade Specialist is responsible for the timely Advising, Issuance, and/or Verification of Letters of Credit, Amendments, examination of documents presented, and the processing of payments.
- Review and process incoming Letters of Credit and Amendments for conformity to the applicable standard banking practices.
- Examine documents presented in a timely manner in accordance to the applicable standard banking practices.
- Resolve any inconsistencies with the appropriate parties.
- Ensure the timely processing and follow-up of all assigned work in order of priority as set by Departmental guidelines.
- Maintain professional communication with relevant parties. Process payments associated with Letters of Credit.
- Team will also be supporting documentary collections process, covering receipt of import documents presented under URC522.
- strong communication skills (Oral/Written)
- good analytical and organizational skills
- excellent interpersonal and team work skills
- ability to work extremely well under pressure to meet deadlines
- must possess an attention to detail and be able to handle multiple issues simultaneously
- proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Internet, email
• Full time contract of employment
• Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
• Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
• Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
• Employee Referral Program
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)