BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Reconciliation Team manages the entire reconcilement process for the AIS Fund Accounting Teams by ensuring all general ledger and broker accounts' are matched and all breaks are identified.
Reconciliation team day-to-day responsibilities are:
• Preparing cash, custody & total equity reconciliation for existing Clients;
• Monitoring of Clients' portfolios to identify new activity;
• Obtaining reporting for reconciliation processes;
• Launching new funds into reconciliation purposes.
The Team works on multiple systems and various PB portals.
As a Lead Representative you will be responsible for managing a medium team of Reconciliation staff. You will be involved in training and supporting team members. In addition you may be involved in performance review. On day to day basis you will be responsible for work allocation, review of processes related to account reconciliation. You will act as the point of contact for client queries and escalations, ensuring the timely resolution of all issues. You will have a chance to learn about and cooperate with market participants, understand a wide range of financial products include, but not limited to; equities, options, contracts for difference (CFD’s), equity swaps, repurchase agreements, warrants, futures, forward contracts, bonds, interest rate swaps and credit default swaps.
Some of the responsibilities include:
• Serving as team supervisor for the day-to-day operations of a medium sized Reconciliation team, reviewing daily tasks of the team.
• Overseeing work direction and technical assistance on complex matters.
• Managing daily activities of a Reconciliation support team and aligning team resources accordingly to complete the daily tasks.
• Overseeing review of data and issue escalations.
• Serving as first line supervisor for assignment of tasks and resolution of issues.
• Directing and maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
• Ensuring the volume of work produced meets product/service standards and exceeds quality standards and is properly reviewed and documented.
• Responsible for monitoring the resolution of complex break reports.
• Managing escalation of issues.
• Providing oversight of daily, weekly and monthly reporting using an understanding of the stock record and knowledge of basic accounting.
• Coordinating initial regulatory reports.
• Being responsible for leading the testing of new technology solutions or enhancements, ensuring that reconciliation processes remain intact.
• Checking performance and providing ongoing feedback to staff.
• Supervising/managing a medium team of Reconciliation Support staff.
• May be responsible for specific supervisory review and approval actions.
• Helps develop and contribute to the achievement of team objectives.
• A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office Package.
• Ability to work under pressure while consistently meeting tight deadlines.
• Strong multitasking skills.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work.
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with data consistency and correctness.
• Ability to work as part of the team.
• Pro-active and highly motivated – goal orientated and driven to find resolution of problems.
• Ability to adapt to change.
• Proactive in self-training.
• Technical knowledge how financial instruments works - both listed and unlisted. Instrument types include, but are not limited to, equities, options, contracts for difference (CFD’s), equity swaps, futures, forward contracts, bonds, interest rate swaps and credit default swaps.
• An in-depth technical knowledge of middle office and/or back office procedures gained within a cross-product operations role would be beneficial.
• Participation in projects & students organizations are additional asset.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)