BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you mighteven say that we are the original fin-tech.
As one of BNY Mellon core technology services, the Enterprise Data Platform is dedicated to generating actionable insights to improve processes and business performance. At its core, the Enterprise Data Platform is a highly scalable and reliable data sink. It ingests, stores and provides access to massive quantities of data that is used for a wide spectrum of use cases from monitoring Straight Through Processing to measuring employee productivity through Workforce Analytics and everything in between
We are looking for a talented and dedicated Full Stack developer to design and develop key components of the platform. She or he will also mentor other members of the team. A successful candidate has experience in all phases of the development cycle on large-scale services and thrive on being a strong collaborator and is capable of leading deep technical discussions and is also able to influence decisions both within the immediate team, as well as across other Lines of Business and company departments.
Successful candidates will exhibit various attributes which will enhance their ability to succeed in these various positions including:
Customer Focused- understand how engineering decisions result in added customer value.
Results Driven- able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and solve it right.
Data Driven- Leverages data to understand customer experience and inform future investments.
Technical Excellence- brings technical excellence. This is not merely knowing the latest and greatest language developments, but demonstrating a passion for technology, a curiosity to ‘go deep’, and an ability to quickly learn and build upon past experiences, to be able to extrapolate from those experiences, and deliver innovations. Technical excellence is rooted in having a strong demonstrable aptitude for problem solving.
• Provide application design and implementation
• Develop unit and automated integration and acceptance tests
• Employ industry best practices to deliver quality solutions
• Ensure developed solutions remain compliant with company standards
• Maintain and improve performance of existing applications
• Clearly and regularly communicate with management and colleagues
• Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline
• 6+ years of experience in software development required
• Pentaho - Metadata Injection
• Pentaho - Normalization and de-normalization concepts
• Pentaho- Usage of various input and & output steps
• Pentaho - Rest API and XML related development Works
• Pentaho - Parameters and variables/config properties
• Pentaho - Various type of join steps
• Pentaho - Error handling and debugging
• DB - Data Modeling (Oracle and Vertica)
Nice to have
• Pentaho - Job and transformation executors/error handling
• Pentaho - Streaming steps (Kafka etc)
• DB - Writing SQLs and query optimizations
• ETL - SCD concepts
• Hadoop - Big Data concepts
• Unix - Basic shell commands and scripting
• Unix - Basic shell commands and scripting
• ETL - Handling prod issues/failures
• Scheduling - ESP
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)