BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
BNY Mellon’s risk management framework ensures that all material risks in each business line are defined, understood, and effectively managed by well-designed policies and controls, and that an organizational structure is in place to provide oversight in managing such risks and other strategic concerns. The Team are responsible for formulating, coordinating, and maintaining an effective risk framework for EMEA, encompassing all products and services offered by the company within the region.
Contributes to the ongoing independent oversight of first line day-to-day enterprise and operational risk management activities for a standard assigned business line facing a moderate level of risk. Provides oversight to the first line's identification, assessment, monitoring, risk exposure remediation and reporting of the business's risk exposure. Continues to build familiarity with the assigned business line to provide oversight of, consultation on and challenge of first line risk management practices.
• To assist in the ownership of the Risk framework, methodology and requirements for EMEA, supplementing global policy where required.
• To assist in the development of common procedures and processes for EMEA to drive consistent application of the Risk Framework across business lines/legal entities.
• To help oversee the implementation of elements of the Risk framework in EMEA, coordinating the execution of elements as required e.g. high-level assessment, risk appetite.
• To help execute elements of the Risk framework as required e.g. facilitating scenario analysis.
• To help ensure that all regulatory requirements for the Risk framework are incorporated in EMEA policy and processes.
• Help to define best practice on Risk framework related matters and work with the lob and LE risk managers to support them in executing for their lobs/LE.
• Help to assess all local regulation and regulatory action on Risk framework matters and support the communication of the effect on our businesses.
• Collaborate with management on formulating and developing the Risk framework to drive better execution of strategy and decision-making with regards to risk issues.
• Help develop, coordinate, and provide Risk framework related training.
• Special projects as determined by the Head of Risk Framework EMEA.
Risk Managements Responsibilities
The following responsibilities are discharged more broadly by Risk Management at BNY Mellon.
• Oversees risk assessments, monitors the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment, monitors, and challenges business activities, and promotes business line awareness of the enterprise and operational risk management framework to improve the assigned business unit's compliance with the Corporate Enterprise and Operational Risk Management Framework.
• Advises on the development of reporting on enterprise and operational risk management for the business line CRO on the management and mitigation of enterprise and operational risks that may arise from the inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems, or external events. Reporting complies with the established Enterprise and Operational risk management framework.
• Oversees the first line's appropriate maintenance of RCSA and HLA and timely reporting of significant events including losses events and near misses. Participates in scenario analysis (SA) as requested.
• Continues to build working relationships with the Risk Management, Compliance and Audit teams and members of the business line team to increase the likelihood of timely completion of risk-related deliverables, issue resolution and operational loss estimation. Escalates issues to more senior professionals, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• 5-7 years of total work experience preferred
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to gain confidence of senior management and challenge the status quo, as appropriate
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently, has initiative and self-motivated is essential
• Knowledge of risk management, economic issues, and regulatory environment; financial services / banking, investment services highly preferred
• Strong Excel skills are desired but not essential
• Proven track record of delivering
• Direct relevant work experience is preferred but not essential, including Enterprise and / Operational Risk Management, audit and / compliance
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)