BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The role is within Model Governance Team which is part of Model Risk Management. Model Risk Management had company-wide scope and is responsible for managing model life cycle across the bank. Model Governance in particular executes procedures and policies that are in place to properly mitigate risk associated with model development and use. Procedures cover models’ initiation, development, validation, monitoring and eventually – retirement.
Manager, Model Governance – at a Globally Systemic Important Bank (G-SIB), maintaining world-class models starts with one team. It decides whether frameworks that the business wants to create represent new models and whether changes to existing models are material. The candidate would lead this team, working across the enterprise with business leaders and the heads of modeling-groups to set priorities. The function serves as the central point for all submissions to the firm’s Model Risk Management department.
• Fast-paced and high-visibility role, working with businesses ranging from lending to investment boutiques.
• Coordinates discussions with key stake-holders and Chief Model Risk Officer.
• Delves into a vast array of models to understand how they work and ensure that they are correctly governed.
• Leads a small-team.
The ideal candidate is a superior communicator and has a quantitative background. He or she has experience building models, but prefers to work with people, understanding their business plans and ensuring that they are doing the right thing to manage risk. The candidate should be decisive, able to quickly come to conclusions after asking thoughtful questions.
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
• 7-10 years of total work experience related to project management and governance preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)