BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The role is within Model Governance Team which is part of Model Risk Management. Model Risk Management had company-wide scope and is responsible for managing model life cycle across the bank. Model Governance in particular executes procedures and policies that are in place to properly mitigate risk associated with model development and use. Procedures cover models’ initiation, development, validation, monitoring and eventually – retirement.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Independently works with internal and external datasets and client reference data and participates in the development of statistical, financial and/or econometric models for analyzing asset performance, securities data, derivative pricing, risk exposure or other sophisticated concepts.
• Provides analytical project management support for assigned area.
• With minimal guidance, supports assigned area with advanced, complex statistical and quantitative analyses.
• Contributes to the development of the techniques and methodologies to be used for each type of activity/analysis.
• Leads data modeling and quantitative analysis projects and serves as resource to less experienced colleagues.
• Uses technology tools to conduct analyses.
• Applies techniques such as SQL and querying and macro development to extract data for populating models.
• As an advanced user, may do some light programming or system configuration in order set up sophisticated models or algorithms.
• Understands the relevant processes and products in assigned area and which analyses, methodologies and approaches best support assessment of performance, risk, or valuation.
• Begins to lead complex projects in support of new or evolving processes/products.
• Interprets findings, prepares standard and ad-hoc reports and delivers results to management and/or other leaders.
• Provides recommendations for addressing observed outcomes.
• Translates complex technical concepts and analyses to non-technical audiences.
• Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues.
• No direct reports.
• Provides guidance to more junior analysts.
• Primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of own work and the work of assigned project team members.
• Work contributes to the achievement of area goals.
• Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred.
• 7-10 years experience preferred.
• Experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)