BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Market Risk Modelling group provides risk analytics for the Bank’s Trading book, develops and automates processes to explain daily VaR changes, monitor risks not in VaR. The team supports CCAR Market Risk RWA projection model, Economic Capital model developed internally, as well as FRTB internal implementation.
Working hours are flexible based on the quality work completed in timely manner.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Specialist, Model Development to join our team in Wroclaw. As a Senior Specialist, Model Development you will be working closely with the Risk Managers, Technology, and Model validation to satisfy business requests, support business initiatives, respond to regulators requests, benchmark the models.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge of:
• Value at Risk measure calculation and support with daily life cycle in production setting
• Python scripting
• C++ scenario generation implementation for VaR
• Market Risk projections for CCAR
• FRTB framework
• Degree in quantitative discipline
• Fluent English spoken and written (min. B2 level)
• Proven risk management experience within financial services
• Good problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills and experience within a client facing financial role
• Working knowledge of programming languages, C++ and Python preferred
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)