BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
This role represents an exciting opportunity join a technology team focused on delivering best in class solutions and integrations with the largest financial institutions in the world. Our team consists of a mix of engineers and business experts working together to deliver new products from ideation through to implementation. Our core values are teamwork, collaboration and diversity. We are looking for an engineer that shares our values and is looking for a new opportunity to work in the financial industry.
You’ll be a resourceful, hands-on developer experienced in writing high quality, maintainable code. You’ll need to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work well in a team but also be a leader and an instigator. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Develop and deliver innovative and creative solutions for clients across the full stack
• Mentor / coach junior developers
• Research emerging technologies and best practices
• Our development stack is Angular / Java / Spring / MongoDB so experience in these technologies is an advantage
• Technical polyglot with experience of shipping production code across a full stack environment
• Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams, and with clients
• Advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation: build / test tools, continuous integration and delivery etc
• Exceptional problem-solving skills and intellectual curiosity
• Passion for innovation and creative problem solving with an enthusiasm to evangelise to others
• Demonstrable strong track record in delivery of complex solutions and projects
• Experienced in using open source technologies
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)