BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The HEAD of EMEA Legal Entity Shared Services will have overall responsibility for;
- Leading the Legal Entity Shared Services Team and driving a high performance continuous improvement culture within the team,
- The day-to-day management of the activities and colleagues within the Legal Entity Shared Services Team and delivering the defined services to designated Service Recipients in accordance with the agreed Service Level Descriptions (‘SLD’).
- Line management of nine direct reports.
As our team supports processes for clients across the globe, our working hours may vary and we appreciate your flexibility.
Management Information and Reporting (‘MIS’) – Risk, Control and Outsourcing MI and Reporting
Responsibility for MI collation, reporting and administrative support, outsourcing assessments, population of LE outsourcing Registers
• Work with the Service Recipients, proactively contribute to the development and delivery of the MIS strategy and outsourcing activities, including communication, framework documentation and SLDs.
• Produce and own business requirement documents and a relationship with related vendor services / internal technology teams (As appropriate).
• Ensures that MIS is appropriate, high quality, consistent and delivered within deadlines with appropriate escalation of issues;
o Produces high quality, effective management reporting
o Independently performs analysis of high volumes of complex data relating to risk and controls.
• Ensures Outsourcing MI collation, reporting and administrative support.
• Completion of outsourcing assessments and support, and population of Legal Entity Outsourcing Registers.
• Collaborates with the business, risk, control management and other key stakeholders to define the key metrics underpinning the service and how they are measured.
• Normalises and rationalises MIS reporting, proactively driving continuous improvement and development with strong focus on efficiency and effectiveness
• Creates and manages an effective and sustainable mechanism for the development of MIS, in line with stakeholder needs and objectives.
• Establishes and maintains appropriate Data Management controls across the MIS production and development lifecycle
• Ability to produce and direct MIS reporting so that it can be dynamic and scalable with effective commentary and thresholds.
• Manages projects that involve working with business / technology and vendors to improve reporting, controls / tools and data integrity to mitigate any deficiencies. Ensures controls meet regulatory and organisational standards. Lead and support new risk governance / process set up.
• Interprets regulations affecting control standards with large degree of independence and suggests methods of updating policies and practices and MIS to address any risk concerns.
• Support the development of new MIS tools, engage with industry best practises and firms own strategic technology architecture.
• Provides MIS SME input into related projects
The successful candidate will demonstrate/possess:
• Experience of driving and creating detailed business requirement documents, and delivering to Service Level Descriptions.
• An ability to effectively manage a large book of work and competing deadlines and priorities.
• An ability to understand and translate functional specifications into efficient and effective solutions.
• Experience of working with vendors and vendor services for tool and business solutions.
• Experience of producing framework documents and outlining strategic roadmap.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred. Experienced of Operational Risk Management tools and systems as well as project management is desirable.
• Candidate will have strong oral and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as, solid technical, system and pc skills including advanced excel skills/ coding capabilities.
• Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, deadline driven environment.
• Candidate should be flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)