BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The Enterprise Risk Assurance (ERA) team provides assurance over the processes that are fundamental to risk management and feed into the risk profile of BNY Mellon. This is achieved by methods of evaluating key processes that fall under the responsibility of the Chief Risk Officer and collaborating with senior management across BNY Mellon to identify meaningful improvements. The Compliance Quality Assurance team, within ERA is an objective second line validation function which aims to continuously assess the Bank of New York Mellon’s Compliance Governance and Risk Framework to ensure that the underpinning data is reliable and that the framework is conceptually sound. The team is a testing team, much like Internal Audit, which sits in the 2nd Line of Defense.
Working hours – Standards working hours
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Assurance Reviewer – Compliance Quality Assurance - to join our team in Wroclaw. As an Assurance Reviewer:
• Conduct detailed audit-like testing activities, including quality assurance reviews over the Inherent Risk and Control Environment. Evaluation of the design and operating effectiveness of key controls in the control environment and detailed analysis of completeness / accuracy / quality of data.
• Properly document, complete and keep track of all test paperwork. Communicate the status of each testing exercise to Management based in the US and complete a detailed report of work to evidence executed testing.
• Perform Quality Assurance review over other test workpapers to ensure high quality of documentation (including comprehensiveness of testing and adequacy of conclusions reached).
• Prepare findings to be presented to Management (i.e. upon completion of test work, will be required to articulate / report on results from review work performed, and document outcomes, including issues, in a clear, concise, and contextualized manner).
• Working independently to support the Management in achieving review objectives across multiple reviews - sometimes concurrently - in a collaborative team environment.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Working in a team that improves influencing skills by effectively challenging stakeholders to improve risk management practices
• Cross training opportunities within ERA as the scope of coverage is broad and allows the team to gain experience by reviewing various risk categories
• Degree in Finance or Economy or other appropriate discipline
• Fluent English spoken and written (min. B2 level)
• Good problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
• Understanding of a financial banking organization and the related businesses that may exist within, as supported by support functions (i.e. Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance, etc).
• Clear awareness and knowledge of the 3 lines of defense, and the division of roles & responsibilities across 1st and 2nd line, including strong knowledge of risk and control best practices, and how that should manifest in key control design / execution across the 1st and 2nd lines of business.
• Ideally, have a high level understanding of the components of an effective Operational Risk Management Framework that helps drive a best in-class program across an organization.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)