BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
BNY Mellon’s Data and Analytics Solutions (“D&A” for short) is a bank backed fintech with more than 200 external investment management firms as clients and 1000+ people in offices globally. The unit is backed by the bank’s largest division – the Asset Servicing and Digital division. Our mission is to treat data as an asset class in it own right and to serve our clients by helping them get value from their investment data.
Today, D&A sources and deploys data of different types using various models (e.g., “bring-your-own data”, “bring-your-own-license” and “we buy it for you”). As the volume and complexity of our client-facing data intake and distribution grows, D&A needs to establish a Content Hub for the business. Our goal is to create a scalable operating model for internal and external clients so we can ingest and provide various types of data efficiently and quickly on the platform
To support this critical capability, the business is looking for a strong candidates to build this capability. The Content Creation Specialist will build models sourced from top tier financial services vendors have subject expertise in specific data domains such as customer, product, and financial reference data.
The content creation specialist will be responsible for ingestion, configuration, creation of logical models, and will follow engineering disciplines around standardization, testing and version control. The candidate will define and document requirements and ensure that deliverables exceed quality standards. The position requires an individual that is self-motivated and has an entrepreneurial mindset. The individual needs to be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment and handle changing priorities. S/he will be required to collaborate with vendors, clients and other groups within the company to drive the execution of our data acquisition strategy.
Knowledge of security level corporate action treatments in cases of name/ticker changes, mergers, spinoffs, de-mergers, etc. Experience working with tools like Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Factset, Refinitiv and others on reference data. Familiar with symbology and identifier concepts and usage (ISIN,CUSIP,SEDOL, RIC)
Primary tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Create logical data models, Curate data sets based on various vendor data feeds
• Create and store and maintain data catalogue and metadata hygiene
• Document and validate business requirements for data ingestion
• Ensure models are represented accurately in catalog
• Be the liaison between technical resources, professional services, and clients.
• Perform model validation test plans
• Research issues and bugs
• Some travel may be required but mostly limited to an occasional client visit
• Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
• 2-5 years of total work experience.
• Securities, financial products and/or the finance industry experience preferred.
• Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)