BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The jobholder will manage a site or multiple sites in a given location and lead technology engineers to deliver a service to all business users in that location, managing queues and being the point of escalation for issues, to look at continuous process improvements and improving communications to the business.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Workplace Technology Support – Team Lead to join our team in Wroclaw.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• To take responsibility for the management of regional queue/s, the completion of team activities & the associated SLA’s. (ServiceNow), provide IT/Technology support services to users
• To build, configure and install corporate devices ready for end user consumption.
• To maintain accurate and appropriate levels of stock, processing vendor orders when required while considering lead times and forecasted demand.
• To adhere to system procedures ensuring they are maintained in line with BNYM standards. (Legal Hold & Asset Management)
• To maintain the stability and continuity of your given technical environment, remediating vulnerabilities.
• To understand the configuration and maintain the functionality of shared IT services within site (including any space where technology is consumed).
• To assist in departmental relocations/reconfigurations within the office space when appropriate.
• To respond to escalations & handle appropriately.
• To maintain, and when appropriate deploy, Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity options, ensuring consistent technological service and minimal business impact.
• To provide hands-on assistance for infrastructure and application projects when necessary. (RFC/Project)
• When appropriate, assist other locations in resolving technical faults.
• To pro-actively build and maintain good working relationships with the Business to understand individual department requirements from a technical perspective.
• To provide end users with education on new and existing IT service offerings.
• To ensure that all systems procedures are clear, accurate and updated regularly.
• To suggest and assist in implementing improvements to operational procedures and support technologies.
• To assist in setting objectives and goals for team and help them in meeting these.
• To identifies and completes team training in all areas where training is required.
• To ensures all team are (cross-) trained effectively and sufficiently to conduct their work to the required standard and to provide coverage within the team
• To motivates team to meet expectations.
• To identifies each team member’s strengths & areas for development and assists in the creation and implementation of a structured strategy to develop them.
• To holds regular one on ones with team members.
• To manages support resource scheduling to meet business requirements.
• To acts as a role model for direct reports.
• To handle delegated responsibilities from the Regional Manager
• Keeps line manager up to date with ongoing activities, escalating any issues appropriately.
• Keeps wider team updated with notable changes, new services, and technical fixes.
• Liaises effectively with other departments to enhance support and learn continually.
• Minimum 5 years Technology Support experience.
• Must have experience leading a team of 5-10 local support engineers
• Must have experience providing high level technical support within a complex technical environment.
• Service Delivery focused, with extensive customer facing experience.
• Must have in depth M365 support knowledge, including Teams, OneDrive & InTune.
• Must have experience of remote administration tools.
• Experience of imaging & re-imaging devices.
• Must have experience working in a Fast-paced demanding environment.
• Must have experience supporting a Citrix environment.
• Familiar with ITIL.
• Experience of multi-domain environments.
• Basic MCR/SCR management – cabling, patching & maintenance.
• Asset Management Lifecycle.
• LAN, WAN, MAN troubleshooting.
• BCP / Disaster recovery provisioning.
• Virtual Desktop configuration & maintenance.
• Active Directory
• Citrix Director
• MS System Centre Virtual Machine Manager
• CISCO Video Conferencing & telephony including Jabber.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)