BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The Senior Group Manager (Financial Modeling Director) will be in charge of managing multiple model development areas within a discipline. The models make estimates that are a key input to management decisions and are reported to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on a regular basis. The role will be to oversee execution of the corporate-wide standards for model development. This will entail investigating and selecting frameworks best suited to solve a problem and deciding on the scope of the solution. Incumbent will manage the schedule, scope, and resources of development areas. Incumbent must be able to provide intellectual leadership in terms of conducting cutting-edge research, identifying latest trends and developments in modeling, and recommending alternative solutions to analytically challenging problems. The incumbent may lead work in one of five disciplines, each responsible for a different type of modeling:
1) Credit Risk Modeling
2) Treasury Modeling
3) Market Risk Modeling
4) Pricing Modeling
5) Forecasting Alternative Title: The incumbent may be called Deputy Head of Development where the responsibilities covers the coordination across all modeling areas within a discipline. For multiple modeling areas, create development schedules and ensure analyst resources are assigned. Execute corporate-wide standards for model development, by ensuring the scope of efforts across modeling areas is properly set. This entails overseeing the frameworks that will be used, the source data that should be collected, assumptions that should be made, and the outcomes that need to be reviewed. Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of framework options and identify which is most likely to meet the needs of the business. Reviews and writes model documentation. Ensure performance monitoring, support for validation efforts, and communication of results to management is properly occurring. Engage model owners and business users of models to agree on possible controls that have been identified as part of a validation effort. Direct management of a team of senior professionals and subordinate managers to include performance management and coaching. Manage financial resources/ budget for unit. Responsible for the supervision of managers and coordination of functional resources,, establishes department priorities, policies and procedures. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
- Master's Degree/PhD in a quantitative discipline, including engineering, mathematics, physics, statistics, econometrics.
- The candidate must have a superb quantitative and analytical background with a solid theoretical foundation coupled with strong programming, documentation and communications skills.
- 7-10 years of total work experience with at least 1-3 years in management preferred.
- Experience in financial services, technology and with programming, documentation and communication preferred.
- Complex quantitative modeling, numerical analysis, computational methods using programming languages (e.g., C/C++, C#, Java, FORTRAN, MATLAB, SAS) and mathematical/statistical software packages experience may be preferred.
- Applicable graduate/post-graduate sponsored research or work-study programs may be an acceptable substitute for some years of direct work experience.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)