BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
As a member of the EMEA Financial Crime Team (EFCT), help to ensure that BNY Mellon effectively manages bribery & corruption risks and remains compliant with applicable laws, regulatory requirements and corporate policies. The role encompasses all aspects of the Anti-Bribery Corruption (ABC) Compliance programme in EMEA, including ABC risk assessment, internal advisory responsibilities, compliance testing, training and the creation of management information.
Assist with aspects of the Anti-Tax Evasion (ATE) compliance program as needed, including risk assessment oversight and regulatory horizon scanning.
• Anti-Corruption Compliance advisory support to first line businesses in EMEA.
• Working with financial crime compliance colleagues, oversee the periodic ABC risk assessment process.
• Monthly gifts & entertainment expense analysis.
• Keep abreast of relevant regulatory change and industry developments, including via regulatory horizon scanning feeds. Support and assist with review and analysis as directed.
• In conjunction with local MLROs, provide oversight of the Anti-Corruption program in the APAC region.
• Compliance Testing – responsible for oversight of ABC compliance testing of policies and procedures. Including ensuring that testing is recorded via the firm’s testing managemnet system with appropriate reporting and follow up of action items raised.
• In coordination with the EFCT team, conduct additional reviews to test the effectiveness of controls as directed.
• Track and follow up on compliance testing and risk assessment action items and recommendations. Produce regular management information and reports on action progression and outstanding items.
• Local Risk & Compliance Global Centre team management responsibilities in coordination with respective functional managers.
• Assist with the coordination and development of training initiatives.
• Provide assistance to the EMEA Group MLRO on ad hoc issues and projects as required.
• Maintenance of departmental procedures and schedule of annual tasks. Ensure all departmental documentation, including procedures, work lists and projects are up-to-date and properly recorded.
• Undertake preparation and presentation of agreed MI and KPI data, assisting with the analysis as agreed.
• Provide general support to fellow Financial Crime Compliance Officers and other compliance team members as required.
• Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the department;
• Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness;
• Notify management immediately of any regulatory breach;
• Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
• Strong analytical skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail.
• Thorough knowledge of Financial Services rules and regulations.
• Strong problem solving, analytical ability oral and written communication skills.
• The ability to handle stressful situations with internal clients and regulators, while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving.
• Ability to effectively deal with senior management as well as, Regulators as required.
• Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
• BA/BS, MBA or professional certification preferred.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)