BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
You will take on responsibility for delivering timely and thorough compliance testing reports as detailed in the annual testing program covering all Investment services business functions.
You will assist the Compliance Testing Manager’s (CTM) in the US, UK and Ireland, in the execution of the respective programs and assessing the current/emerging risks concerning the business to enable determination of the structure and composition of the annual testing programme.
This is achieved primarily through the following:
• Ensuring that personnel align to both jurisdictions are executing compliance testing reviews in a timely and thorough basis
• Conducting thematic compliance testing reviews in line with the global methodology and ensuring evidence is retained of such
• Engaging with the respective CTM’s to ensure that scheduling, training and preparation is undertaken to ensure an efficient and effective delivery against pre-determined timescales.
• Liaising with the business and Senior Management in respect to ongoing monitoring and management of open compliance actions as a result of thematic testing
• Providing timely and accurate Management Information where relevant to internal stakeholders
• Representing BNY Mellon at relevant industry events/ forums.
• Participation in Risk/Committee or Client Meetings and represent BNY Mellon externally as required
In addition you should be prepared to assist as required in the following activities:
• Recruits, directs, motivates and develops professional staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Provides feedback at the most critical times.
• Manages a regional/jurisdictional team of professional staff responsible for assessing the effectiveness of moderately complex controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting regional/jurisdictional BNY Mellon businesses. Manages the team's completion of comprehensive, risk-based reviews of existing and emerging regulatory requirements and provision of prompt, focused feedback to business management on concerning issues and control gaps. Implements corrective action and issue tracking in alignment with established policies. Reviews reporting produced by the team and appropriately escalates issues to more senior managers.
• Ensure that all compliance testing is completed in accordance with the annual testing program on time and to a high standard in line with the global compliance testing methodology
• Ensure that all findings identified within an allocated review are accurately recorded and that proactive actions are taken to ensure satisfactory resolution of issues raised
• Proactively chase outstanding and overdue issues and reflect updates in line with the requirements of the global methodology
• Represent Compliance at internal meetings and Committees where required
• Represent Compliance on external committees, working groups, and trade body seminars if required to do so
• Represent Compliance at client meetings where required to provide updates in respect to monitoring.
• Training junior members of the team.
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. MBA or professional certification preferred. Professional qualifications in Financial Services/Compliance/Law preferred (i.e Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) exams merit award / Diploma / IMC / CFA).
• 7-10 years of relevant work experience in a similar Financial Services Institution, Management Consulting Firm, Law Firm or Regulator required, with 1-2 years of management experience, preferred. Financial Services Audit or Compliance background and/or experience with financial services compliance and/or experience with the assigned products, services or business lines/areas and the pertaining laws, regulations and rules of relevant regulators preferred.
• Required Skills: Excellent knowledge of Computer and MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with eye for detail and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)