BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
BNY Mellon promotes robust business continuity practices to ensure Operations and Technology lines of business have appropriate business resiliency strategies to minimize impacts during an emergency.
Responsible for ongoing oversight of complex business continuity lifecycle compliance activities and identification and escalation of business continuity risks. Advises and assists plan owners across Operations and Technology lines of business with the assessment and monitoring / reporting on key indicators of business continuity and recovery preparedness.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Specialist, Business Continuity/Recovery to join our team in Wroclaw.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Plan for expected and emerging continuity and resiliency threats, appropriately advising on actions to address control gaps and manage risks. Escalate risks to senior team members.
• Support regional and business Resiliency Leads and Resiliency Coordinators to ensure organizational and regulatory business continuity requirements are met.
• Manage operations resiliency control room data collection and prepare reporting for senior management to decision making and resource allocation in response to incidents.
• Assist business Resiliency Leads during actual events. Facilitate impact assessment and report on recovery actions status. Assist in documenting post-incident reviews and sharing lessons learned.
• Partner with supported lines of business to manage business resiliency planning and testing responsibilities. Coordinate and support testing as needed:
o Ensure key resiliency roles are staffed and support role transitions as needed.
o Ensure plans and strategies are appropriate and viable for recovering key functions within required time frames.
o Perform quality review of plans, assessing Recovery Strategies, Action Plans, Alternate Procedures, and Test Results. Provide feedback and track open remediation items.
• Provide subject matter expertise and training to stakeholders.
• With guidance from senior team members, implement projects and programs to improve compliance with organizational and local regulatory requirements.
Provide ongoing support to senior team members, contributing to achievement of team objectives.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior work experience in financial services operations roles and / or 2-5 years of experience in business continuity, incident management, risk management or a related discipline.
• Experience with working on global teams across time zones, cultures and languages.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and experience working in a diverse, global workforce environment
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)