BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Specialist, Business Technology Liaison to join our team in Wroclaw.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Consults with stakeholders to analyze, define, and prioritize business requirements and functional and operational specifications for a functional work stream.
• Formulates and defines project scope and objectives for the work stream with thorough understanding of business processes in a specific business domain.
• Represents the business to all areas of IT in resolving issues and developing technology solutions.
• Elicits, challenges, and prioritizes business requirements. Translates into functional design and use case models.
• Is accountable for overall delivery of assigned functional work stream on a large-scale program.
• Provides guidance on development of the functional requirements and user documentation. Assists in developing implementation/conversion strategy and implementation plan.
• Gathers and analyzes information and develops recommendations to address major business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas.
• Completes analysis utilizing reading log systems and design thinking applications.
• Provides consultation concerning business implications of complex application development projects using technical experience.
• Supports testing of new or enhanced applications and/or systems on complex testing tasks including case development, requirement traceability analysis, test preparation, and functional test execution.
• Leverages experience of working in an agile environment through requirements gathering in JIRA, preparation for sprint ceremonies including Sprint Review, Backlog Grooming, and Sprint Planning.
• Uses deep expertise and broad knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements and BNY Mellon corporate policies involving risk and control to support the development of improved business processes through technology.
• Serves as point of contact or subject matter expert for the business on specific systems. Experience in custody and/or fund accounting businesses is preferred.
• Contributes to the achievement of related teams objectives through participation in a highly visible new application build.
• Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• 7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
• Technical experience with workflow applications, micro-services applications, reading log systems, and Microsoft suite preferred.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)