BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
The team’s service offering includes daily reconciliation of trades and cash positions, trade bookings, cash reporting. They assist in the completion of net asset values (NAVs) for client funds in accordance with BNY Mellon standard operating procedures. Additionally, they prepare cash and asset reconciliations and perform price tolerance checks.
- Provides oversight for multiple small teams or one large team of Accountants responsible for conducting accounting services on behalf of assigned clients including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses, and preparing reports.
- Manages the performance of teams and sets area priorities.
- Manages multiple teams in determining the net asset value (NAV) for assigned funds for each measurement cycle.
- Manages relationships with assigned clients and resolves any escalated issues related to fund calculations and accounting.
- Directs and sets priorities for processes that check for the completeness and accuracy of disclosure in financial statements.
- Provides guidance to teams managed to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Resolves escalated issues from team members. Evaluates GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
- Provides guidance to teams on implementation of new policies to follow regulations.
- Directs the drafting of financial reports for clients to review fund performance.
- Communicates reports and accounting intricacies to clients.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Leads working relationships with auditors and clients to make changes to financial reports and ensure they accurately depict fund performance.
- Manages multiple small teams or one large team of Accountants.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
- Bachelors degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience
- At least 0-1 years in management preferred. Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)