BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
This part to be updated by the hiring manager, please populate accordingly to your team specifics, an example as per below:
The Fund Accounting Department is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of daily net asset value (NAV) for a number of complex Funds investing in a wide variety of financial instrument types.
9-18 (if flexibility is required in your team please mention specific team working hours here)
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented “Senior Representative” to join our team in Wroclaw. As Senior Representative, Fund/Client Accounting is primarily responsible for the timely preparation and calculation of client net asset values (NAVs) in accordance with BNY Mellon standard operating procedures. Responsibility is also held for the delivery of ad hoc client service deliveries.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
• Sign-off on daily checklists for all net asset values prepared by you.
• Ensure the NAVs are accurately prepared for Supervisor review and reported within deadlines.
• Preparation and calculation of accurate NAVs across all funds.
• Adhere to The Bank of New York Mellon standard procedures and controls.
• Prepare cash and asset reconciliations for review and sign off by Supervisor.
• Perform price tolerance checks.
• Reconciliations to Phoenix records.
• Communicate any operational issues that arise to Supervisor.
• Maintain daily/monthly files as selected by fund Supervisor in a manner suitable for future review by Supervisor and internal auditors.
• University Education: BA or/and MA in finance, economics, accounting, administration, financial markets, management, mathematics etc
• Good English skills
• Computer literacy (MS Excel, Outlook). Knowledge of VBA would be a significant advantage
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Analytical and numeracy skills
• Work experience in the funds or similar industry.
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)