For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
Operations Utilities department is responsible for the on-boarding of clients at BNY Mellon and ensuring the correct tax service is applied and correct tax reporting is performed.
This function is a central utility provider, servicing groups in mainly in Asset Servicing, Corporate Trust (also Wealth Management, Broker Dealer Services, Treasury Services, Depository Receipts, Global Liquidity Services, Trade Operations, Loan Operations, Global Markets and AIS).
Account Opening team is responsible for opening clients’ accounts in BNYM system in a timely manner, through Tax Service Questionnaire.
Us tax docs team is responsible for timely review and validation of US tax Documents package including tax forms for FATCA purposes.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Intern to join our team in Wroclaw. As intern you will be trained on both processes, Account opening and US Tax Documentation, get to know the depths of FATCA and withholding tax. Great chance to grow and develop corporate skills like detail orientation, tax knowledge and reporting. You will get an occasion to grow in the business whilst minimising the potential risk and financial loss in the inherent processes.
As a successful candidate you will be given opportunity to acquire and develop knowledge from related fields:
Working in team, participation in Documenting projects and Year End Solicitation
Support account opening, analyzing Tax Service Questionnaires
Supporting day-to-day tax activities
• Good English spoken and written (min. B2 level)
• Good problem-solving skills with attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Very Good knowledge of MS Office
• Can-do attitude
• Full time contract of employment
• Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
• Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
• Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
• Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
• Employee Referral Program
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)