For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
Alternative Investment Servicing (AIS) Operations consist of variety of teams servicing functional areas such as Middle Office, Cash Processing and Documents Management. Teams assist the research and resolution of general and basic operational issues regarding fund administration, follows procedures to complete day-to-day tasks.
Cash Processing Team manages fund movements from the client to the final beneficiary, processing cash instructions from relevant parties and/or ensuring optimal balances on various funds accounts.
Working hours – 10:00 – 18:30 with some overtime required depending on business needs.
As our team supports processes for clients across the globe, our working hours may vary and we appreciate your flexibility.
As “Cash Processing Analyst” you will be assigned to a specific set of funds and clients along with other team members to service AIS clients within the operational processes. You will be responsible for ensuring a strong control environment within cash operations as well as for maintaining proper communication flow with other parties.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Support our internal clients, mostly global Fund Accounting and Transfer Agency teams by processing subscriptions, redemptions, fees and FX payments.
- Researching and resolving complex operational or client issues. Assists in identifying trends in client issues and proposing solutions.
- Responsibility for the quality and completion of own work. Helps to develop and contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
The successful candidate will demonstrate/possess:
- Strong PC skills (including Microsoft® Excel, Word, etc.)
- Fluent spoken and written English language skills
- Critical thinking skills, ability to work independently under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Flexibility towards tasks assigned, job timing and scope of responsibility. Confidence in making decisions of slight to moderate financial impact.
- Previous experience in Financial Services preferred
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals:
- Full time contract of employment
- Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
- Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
- Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
- Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
- Employee Referral Program
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)